Sims 4 Crashes My PC

by Brittany-sloan8

Original Post

Sims 4 Crashes My PC

★★ Novice

I can play the Sims 4 for a little while on my PC, but if I stay in build mode too long or I make my sims travel, my entire computer crashes. I have to go to my PC and turn off the power supply, turn it back on, then reboot my computer after this. I thought it was the CC I had installed at first, but I've ran multiple tests on the CC and it doesn't seem to be causing issues. My PC can definitely handle the Sims 4 I built it specifically for Sims 4, what could be the issue? I thought maybe the graphics settings might have to do with it but I'm unsure at this point. 

Message 1 of 5 (264 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Crashes My PC

Champion (Retired)

@Brittany-sloan8 

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (250 Views)

★★ Novice

I will try this today and see how it works. Thank you!

Message 3 of 5 (239 Views)

Re: Sims 4 is Crashing my Computer

★★ Novice

Did you ever figure this issue out? My pc is crashing after playing the sims for awhile. 

Message 4 of 5 (202 Views)

@Brittany-sloan8  I've moved your new post to your existing thread; it's easier for the people trying to help if the whole conversation is in one place.

Did you ever try jpkarlen's suggestion?  If it didn't work, a dxdiag would be helpful.  You can attach it directly to a post here.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (179 Views)