Re: Sims 4 Crashes After Recent Sept Update

by Carls_J87

Original Post

Sims 4 Crashes After Recent Sept Update

★★★ Newbie

Hello! 

I have recently become a victim to the crashes of my Sims 4 game. I just recently updated it and can go all the way through to a household and within a few minutes of active gameplay it freezes and crashes with the error message "The sims 4 has stopped working". I deleted the conflicting mod 'Nisa'sPerversions' but it is still crashing. I have repaired the game several times but it is still crashing. I attached my dxdiag and am working on getting the last crash file! Please help! I've been trying to search other forums for the resolving issues but all I'm seeing is a lot of people have removed all of their mods and moved their game all around with no resolve to their issue. 

Thank you for your help in advance!

Message 1 of 8 (1,901 Views)

Hero
@Carls_J87 Do you have any other mods and tried without them ?

So many are broken:

Here's the current list for broken mods/cc https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980785/broken-updated-mods-cc-sw-jb-sept-2020

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,853 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a lot of mods that I use. I just reviewed the broken mods list and removed a bunch by KawaiiStacie! I'm going to run the game again and see if that fixes it!

Message 3 of 8 (1,845 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Carls_J87 I am having a similar problem. I just received the update and loaded my recent save. 10 minutes into the game (this happened twice) the screen froze and I had "Sims 4 is not responding" when I went to task manager. I have the same mods I had before the update and yesterday, I played all day with no issue whatsoever, and no new mods have been installed for several days.
Message 4 of 8 (1,767 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I believe there's something new in the new update from Origin for TS4 which is causing the problem. But I just recently removed all of my mods, then put all except for any mods that included gameplay change (, sims torments, etc.) and it ran perfectly and I have played today for about 5 hours consistently. I was like alright, let me re-add my mods and see what happens. I played for about 10 minutes just now and then it crashed. So I'm thinking my problem is some sort of issue with or the animations I added. I'm also attaching or going to try to attach my crash file!

Message 5 of 8 (1,758 Views)

★★ Novice

I have no Mods on my game and my game keeps crashing whenever y sim travels within Selvadorada. Any solutions? 

Message 6 of 8 (1,725 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Carls_J87 To be sure I understand your post right: Did you add mods back and then it crashed again or was that without mods ?

@Diolacles Please remove your mods and check if it happens without them. As said above, lots of mods are outdated and need an update

@nyashab13 

Could you create your own thread providing the following info

1. Your Computer's DxDiag?
  2. If you have, the following file: Documents\electronic arts\the sims 4\lastcrash.txt
  3. The following file: Documents\electronic arts\the sims 4\config.log

You can upload DxDiag and config.log directly to your post.

For any lastCrash files, either create a rar file and upload that or copy/paste the content of the file to a post inside spoiler tags (the icon next to the strike-through)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (1,661 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am not glad you guys are having problems,  but I am glad it is not just my game. I am so afraid of losing content, I save like every minute. 

Message 8 of 8 (1,514 Views)