[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

fixed

Message 1 of 7 (703 Views)

Accepted Solution

Dot.: SIMS 4 CRASH TO DESKTOP IN BUY/LIVE MODE

Hero (Retired)
@Chimerahs

Your graphics card drivers are a little bit old. Look if there are newer ones on the Intel website.
But this is a problem related to the game not to your computer.

Move the mods folder to the desktop.

Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder

Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now without mods.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (640 Views)

All Replies

Sims 4 Crash To Desktop In Buy/live Mode

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My game keeps crashing to desktop during gameplay and/or in build/buy, cas works fine it's literally just live mode or buy mode crashes. I tried the game without mods, a new save, reinstalling, and repairing the game and nothing. 

Message 2 of 7 (639 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Chimerahs

Try doing a factory reset as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

If it will not work could you post your Computer's DxDiag?
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file to your post directly in option "Reply" - not Quick Reply

I don't work for EA
Message 3 of 7 (690 Views)

Dot.: Sims 4 Crash To Desktop In Buy/live Mode

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I was told by someone else who looked at it that it's a tuning mod I guess (idk what that means yet), is that what you saw when you looked at the last exception log thing?

Message 4 of 7 (675 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I attached my DxDiag just in case.

Message 5 of 7 (674 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Chimerahs

Your graphics card drivers are a little bit old. Look if there are newer ones on the Intel website.
But this is a problem related to the game not to your computer.

Move the mods folder to the desktop.

Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder

Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now without mods.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method.

Message 6 of 7 (641 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Crash To Desktop In Buy/live Mode

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

The contents of your lastcrash.txt might have helped more. in addition to removing all mods and CC you should delete the localthumbcache.package file. Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 7 (635 Views)