Sims 4 Cottage Living Expansion Pack Made my Game unplayable

by TheLoneWolfGYT

Original Post

Sims 4 Cottage Living Expansion Pack Made my Game unplayable

★★ Novice

Before I had Cottage Living, my game ran perfectly well. I never had a problem with it, even after the update I was able to play the game pretty well. After I got cottage living my game began to lag when moving the camera, if I changed the speed of time it would take awhile for it to actually take in effect. If I clicked on a sign, an animal, or really anything it would take awhile for the wheel to even show up. All buttons in the game are distorted, and do not look like they should. At times when I save it would crash the whole game, as well as after it has exited it will continue to be on the screen, which causes me to have to restart my computer but cancel the restart for it to close the game.  I have removed MCCC as well as UI Extensions Mods from my game, I have removed all my CC, I have repaired my game several times, and even removed the reshade mod. None of it has fixed the issue, I know it’s not my computer as it’s a gaming laptop that is higher standards then the Sims 4’s minimum requirements. 

Message 1 of 4 (230 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Cottage Living Expansion Pack Made my Game unplayable

★ Apprentice

It's Cottage living. Did you move in a household in Henford-on-Bagley? It's not the mods, just don't play that world.

Message 2 of 4 (216 Views)

★★ Novice

It's my whole game, not matter what world I play in or even in a new save. I have the same issues with all of them. 

Message 3 of 4 (211 Views)

@TheLoneWolfGYT  Please test in a clean user folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see how a new save runs in a world other than the new one.

If you still see performance issues, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

If the new save runs well, you can copy one of your saves from the old Sims 4 folder to the new one.  Don't move over any other content, at least not yet.  Since you're copying and pasting the save rather than dragging and dropping, you don't need to worry about missing content—the original will be intact in your old folder, and you can freely experiment on the new copy.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (178 Views)