Re: Sims 4 can only play a few sims

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Sims 4 Constant Crashing since update

★ Apprentice

My Sims keeps crashing within minutes of starting.  It only started happening since the update and happens with or without mods active.  It appears to be getting worse too.

I also have a problem that has been occuring longer, where if i have over 4 sims active and being played the sims become unresponsive during play.  The only way i have found to correct this is to start a new game, which is frustrating to say the least.

Message 1 of 22 (5,415 Views)

Sims 4 can only play a few sims

★ Apprentice

I can only seem to play 2-4 sims in my game before the sims become unresponsive.  the only way i have found to fix this is to start a new game (which i am unable to do since the new update - the button wont click)

Message 2 of 22 (5,393 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Constant Crashing since update

★ Guide

same before get famous I'd be able to play for 4- sometime 12 hours and never experienced a crash not once since around 2015 when the game as new. Now I've had Crashes more times than I can count since the update

Message 3 of 22 (5,394 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 22 (5,386 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ive been having the crash issues as well. The game worked perfect for hours and then just constant trouble since.

Ive also had the unresponsive sim issue before this update but usually resetting the sims or a restart fixes it for me.

Message 5 of 22 (5,388 Views)

Hero

HI @DantyElla 

merged your threads. Please keep to one.

@PMuffin88 @Trimoth

Are you guys using any mods/cc ? Please post your specs as asked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 22 (5,381 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi here is my dxdiag 

Also when the crashes occured- yes I had mods in my game. However the eating issues/frozen sims/Vault issues occurred without mods in game after performing fresh install

Message 7 of 22 (5,375 Views)

Hero
I moved your info about the vault here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Sim-reset-on-eating-food-using-Digitalistic-Sketchpad/t...

As for your crashes: Did you update your mods ? Maybe try without. Your graphics chip is also below minimum requirements so maybe that has something to do with it as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 22 (5,368 Views)

★ Apprentice

please see attached my DxDiag

Message 9 of 22 (5,351 Views)

★ Apprentice

i do use mods, but i removed all of them to see if it was causing the issue, but it continued to happen

Message 10 of 22 (5,366 Views)