Sims 4: Community Lots and Houses Missing or Invisible

by Awish1998

Original Post

Re: Sims 4: Community Lots and Houses Missing or Invisible

@meagan1001 do you have this with other builds as well?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 71 of 75 (847 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @meagan1001 

Do you happen to have saves from before the house disappeared?  If so, would you be willing to send them to me through private message?

Instructions on how to send saves are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 72 of 75 (814 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Awish1998 This is now happening in my game too. I know this issue started a long time ago for some, but mine just happened now, carrying my legacy over to Strangerville for the first time. I run no mods and have not had this problem before now. I did put a lot from the gallery down and rename it before saving. I'm wondering whether this triggered it. I am going to go and try reloading the save prior, and just plop a house down without renaming, I will report back
Message 73 of 75 (705 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict I tried the factory setting thing but this only worked for my new games and not the save file where I first noticed the problem. Is there a way to also fix the save file?
Message 74 of 75 (670 Views)

★★★ Novice

Mine turned out to be a simple fix. I'd moved my documents folder to iCloud so I could access some things remotely. I'd forgotten the Sims 4 file defaulted save files to this path, so when the game next saved it started a new file where it used to be and was therefore missing a lot of information, including my houses. I moved the Electronic Arts folder back to the default spot and all was well. 

Not sure if that helps someone else troubleshoot? 

Jen 

Message 75 of 75 (617 Views)