Sims 4: Community Lots and Houses Missing or Invisible

by Awish1998

Original Post

Re: Sims 4: Community Lots and Houses Missing or Invisible

Hero

Did you try a backup or just replacing the houses (if you still have them in your library) ?

Do they disappear again if you re-place ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 75 (2,528 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue on Mac OS, game was installed via Origin. After a day of playing houses are disapearing. Non of the described advises helped.

Message 52 of 75 (2,511 Views)

Hero

Are you using cloud sharing on your mac or are your save games local ? Any issues with error 22 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 75 (2,503 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We save game locally, there were no any errors. Restart or starting new games do not help, houses disappear after some time during play. I will try to reinstall the game (is that possible with Mac Origin?). We just got DVD with the game in the store but actual Mac version had to be downloaded via Origin. Thank you for your help.

Message 54 of 75 (2,495 Views)

Hero

I don't think reinstalling will help much.

How much RAM and disc space do you have ?

You can try repairing the game through Origin though. Right click on it for the option.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 55 of 75 (2,485 Views)

★★★ Guide

I had two invisible houses.  I knew sims were there because the plumbobs were showing up.

Unfortunately I had saved my game with them still invisible.  They have been invisible for quite a few saves now as I have a lot of families to get around to.  Finally I got around to them today.

I went into each lot and changed the name of the house in build mode, saved, and now they are showing.  

Sims 3 players might remember there was a similar bug in Sims 3 or at least in the early days when I was playing it.  The houses would either disappear from the map view or they would have a strange look about them.  Going into the house and changing something on the lot and then saving seemed to fix it.  It is possibly the same to fix it in Sims 4.

PS I am on a Mac so it may be different on a PC.  

Message 56 of 75 (2,453 Views)

Hero

Thanks for that solution. That's interesting. 

I believe this bug is the same for PC and Mac

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 57 of 75 (2,449 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

If anyone sees this issue and is willing to send me saves with the issue occurring, please PM me.

Thank you.

- SimQARobo

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 58 of 75 (2,394 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same is happening for me and it is very frustrating. I run sims 4 on Origin that has been very reliable until now. I am not very tech savvy and just want to play my game

Message 59 of 75 (2,320 Views)

Hero

Are you on PC or Mac ?

Could you send your save to @SimQARobo as he requested above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 60 of 75 (2,318 Views)