by EmbraTheToller

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Clean boot help

★★ Novice

https://pastebin.com/TYdj4b5y

DxDiag ^^^^

Hi.
Since I got my new laptop, an Asus from the Republic of Gamers series, I've had troubles with sims 4.

After I installed it, it worked like one time. After that it kept crashing on start up. Didn't matter what I did, removing mods, repair the game etc. Reinstalling it didn't work either.
So I decided to do a clean boot.

Afterwards it worked like magic! Everything was tiptop, up until I noticed that I couldn't change ANY settings. None. The window came up, and it was empty. One link was visible. "Graphics", but nothing happened when I clicked it. So I decided to remove the clean boot (enable everything again) which of course, made it stop working. So I started to disable everything, but enabled one half of the list, still didn't work. Noticed I had McAfee installed (and yes, this is important) so decided to uninstall that stuff because I already have an antivirus program (Norton). Tried starting the game after a restart of the computer. Another crash. Tried again with the whole clean boot stuff. Nothing. Didn't matter if I had it enabled or disabled. Nothing was working. 

So then I decided to contact EA directly, chat with someone there. Fixed everything, came to the chat window. Turns out I couldn't even write anything. The chat field, where you write back, didn't even come up. So I couldn't say anything to them, not even a goodbye. Tried reloading the window, but nope. Didn't work. So this is my last resort. Please help me.

Thank you
Ember

Message 1 of 9 (1,203 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Clean boot help

Champion (Retired)

You should also try to remove your Mods and CC if you have any and see if it works then. If so you can start adding them back a little at a time while testing the game until you have found what is broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (1,213 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

You have Sonic Studio 2 installed which is known to cause crashes in games. Please uninstall It.

There should be a version 3 available that might work better. But since it is * anyway (my opinion) I would forget about it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 9 (1,194 Views)

★★ Novice
How do I uninstall it? Went to the typical place (windows 10, apps and then uninstall programs) It wouldn't let me.
Message 3 of 9 (1,179 Views)

★★ Novice
Managed to fix it. Thanks! Now to the next problem. The options menu shows nothing but "graphics".

https://snag.gy/5RDmuH.jpg
Message 4 of 9 (1,174 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Try to repair the game. Rightclick the game in Origin and select Repair.

Message 5 of 9 (1,164 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You should also try to remove your Mods and CC if you have any and see if it works then. If so you can start adding them back a little at a time while testing the game until you have found what is broken.

Message 6 of 9 (1,214 Views)

★★ Novice
I tried repairing multiple times before, but am trying again to see if it helps now that Sonic Studio is gone. Gonna check with the mods too, but when I played during the "working time" it all seemed fine. But, better to be safe than sorry, of course! I'll come back if it doesn't work, otherwise, I will say a big thank you, Jpkarlsen. I appreciate your help!
Message 7 of 9 (1,134 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine id doing the same thing, but when you clean reboot you laptop do you loose sims 4

Message 8 of 9 (828 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Brishalia clean booting your system will not result in any loss of Sims 4 content. 

If you reinstall the OS then you would need to ensure that you have backed up any Sims 4 saves but you would not lose your Sims 4 or any packs you own.

If having an issue then let u know and we will do what we can to assist.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (816 Views)