Sims 4 Causing computer to crash, late in getting expansions

by LexiaFira

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Causing computer to crash, late in getting expansions

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I know this has been an issue before, but as i am late to the sims 4 game I am going to have to re-ask this question

Playing sims 4 updated to the get famous pack. the game starts up, runs fine for a while and then causes my computer to restart.
I have already run dxdiag.exe and not sure if this computer is compliant to the requirements. I don't think its an overclocking or over heating issue either.

not sure what other info i need and have saved the dxdiag info.
this is an older computer running windows 7....(rolls eyes yeah i know, blame the spouse) and as far as i know the graphics card is fine?

Any help is appreciated thank you

Message 1 of 5 (254 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Causing computer to crash, late in getting expansions

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

The computers specs are good enough to play the game at medium settings.

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (228 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

The computers specs are good enough to play the game at medium settings.

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (229 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@LexiaFira Microsoft is going to end support of Windows 7 on January 14, 2020. Microsoft is extending support for Enterprise users. What does this mean? Manufacturers will stop updating drivers for their products and new products coming to market may not even get any support for Windows 7. Will it continue to work? Yes it will still work. You still may be able to get a digital entitlement upgrade with your Windows 7 code for free. Also Windows 10 comes with DX 12. Your video driver is out of date. I see your monitor is connected with DB15 (analog). If the monitor has a DVI input would be better - VGA is so out of date.

Message 3 of 5 (214 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen 
nope, no mods!
i can go in and adjust to medium settings on graphics in game.

Message 4 of 5 (200 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@roberta591 

thank you for the info!
we are planning on getting a laptop or other desktop that i can put JUST sims on (or just for games and backup computer) that will have windows 10 and all the requirements etc
as this is my art computer and to upgrade this beast (yes it is kind of a hefty beast) will take more resources than we have at the moment HOWEVER it is on the to do list.
Thank you!

Message 5 of 5 (198 Views)