Re: Sims 4 Cats and Dogs Grim Reaper Glitch

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Cats and Dogs Grim Reaper Glitch

★★ Novice
Ever since downloading Cats and Dogs I have been having a glitch where I get the notification that my pet is dying and the grim reaper appears (sometimes near the dying pet and sometimes not) but that’s as far as it gets. The reaper and my pet just sit there indefinitely and all my sims and other pets just stand around crying/observing unless I force them to do other things. The only way to get past this is to use a cheat code to force reset the dying pet which results in my pet resetting into an urn. Then my sims go on their way but the grim reaper just stays in the same spot and same pose unless I leave the house and when I return he is finally gone. But I haven’t had a normal death since downloading Cats and Dogs. I don’t know if this happens when my Sims die since I haven’t had a sim die yet after downloading but it’s frustrating that every single pet death has gotten stuck like this.
Message 1 of 9 (9,518 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice
I think this problem may have somehow fixed itself. I was playing today and had two dogs die and the Grim Reaper showed up and collected both of the dogs normally. I’m not sure why it’s suddenly working after getting stuck for all my previous dogs. The only thing that was different was that the first dog died outside (none of my other dogs have died outside yet). I thought maybe the glitch only happened with dogs that died inside so I kept playing. The second one died inside (almost exactly in a spot a previous dog had died and glitched) but this one didn’t glitch at all either. So it seems to be fixed! Thank you so much for looking into it! I really appreciate it!

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (10,403 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @Elphaba417

are you using any mods/cc in your game ?

If not and as your issue seems repeatable does it matter where they die ? Tight spaces or anywhere ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (9,502 Views)

★★ Novice
I don’t use any cc or mods. All the pets I’ve had die have been in the middle of the house, usually the hallway (no tight spots). I haven’t had any pets die where this hasn’t happened so far.
Message 3 of 9 (9,492 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox, mediafire, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (9,483 Views)

Hero

Hi @Elphaba417

I tried your save but the dog is already dead on it so it's a bit hard to duplicate.

I tried recovering an old save but it's taking forever there. 

DId you play on and have another animal die yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (9,461 Views)

★★ Novice
I haven’t gotten to play much this week so far but I will do that! Should I play until just before one dies?

Thank you for looking into it!
Message 6 of 9 (9,450 Views)

Hero

That would be a big help, yes :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (9,436 Views)

★★ Novice
I think this problem may have somehow fixed itself. I was playing today and had two dogs die and the Grim Reaper showed up and collected both of the dogs normally. I’m not sure why it’s suddenly working after getting stuck for all my previous dogs. The only thing that was different was that the first dog died outside (none of my other dogs have died outside yet). I thought maybe the glitch only happened with dogs that died inside so I kept playing. The second one died inside (almost exactly in a spot a previous dog had died and glitched) but this one didn’t glitch at all either. So it seems to be fixed! Thank you so much for looking into it! I really appreciate it!
Message 8 of 9 (10,404 Views)

Hero

Hi @Elphaba417

glad to hear that.

I'm marking this as solved for now but feel free to come back and unsolve if it occurs again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (9,412 Views)