Re: Sims 4 Camera Angles

by neeshalashay

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Camera Angles

★★★★ Novice

I've been playing for a few days and I'm trying to figure out how to change the camera angle.... Not turn the camera (left or right) but rather 25 degrees, 30 degrees, etc.  As I've been playing the game has slowly begun to shift my camera angle to almost 90 degrees (making it so that I'm almost looking straight down on my sims while playing).  With all the other sims games, it was relatively simple to change the camera angle and, with this one, I can't even find directions anywhere....  Anyone figure this out?

Message 1 of 36 (219,502 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Use control, shift, tab- it returns camera angle to far more normal degree so you're once again looking at everything on a lower angle.  Hope this helps Standard smile

View in thread

Message 10 of 36 (242,335 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

So, you basically want it to be as "adjustable" as the Sims 3? You can change the camera settings (no idea where, just somewhere in options) to the Sims 3 Camera. You just tick the box and then you can use the center of the mouse to rotate little by little.

I hope that answers your question

Message 2 of 36 (219,309 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Already tried that.... didn't work.

Message 3 of 36 (219,304 Views)

Hero (Retired)

So, it's not what you want/mean or the actual setting doesn't work? 

Other than the Sims 3 camera or painstakingly clicking the right side of the mouse, I don't think there's anything you can do.

Message 4 of 36 (219,240 Views)

★★★★ Novice

All turning on the Sims 3 option does is make the controls for spinning the camera left and right revert back to the earlier (Sims 3) format/style; it doesn't revert back to the complete set of controls where you could also shift the camera's angle up and down in angle.  If EA/Maxis didn't think to put something in this essential and this simple..... grrrrr  Guess I'm contacting them.  Thanks for trying.

Message 5 of 36 (219,200 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I too was frustrated by the Sims 4 camera controls. Initially I was determined to stick with them and get to know them but in the end I relented and ticked the Sims 3 camera option. My camera controls now work exactly as they did in the Sims 3. I'm no expert but have you tried using the keyboard camera controls? If you get a different result using these then maybe it could be an incompatibility with your mouse. Like I said, I'm no expert. It's just what I would try.
Message 6 of 36 (219,170 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've a trackball mouse and it worked on Sims 3... but may not work with Sims 4.  Never learned the hotkeys for that aspect of the game tho.  I'll look them up and try it.   Thanks for letting me know that it should work.

Message 7 of 36 (219,158 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same problem....I visted another lot, and when I returned, the camera angle had switched to a top-to-bottom type view,  looking down on everything. It's really annoying and I cannot play like this! I tried exiting the game and restarting but it didnt help. I played around with everything in the camera settings and nothing has fixed it.

Message 8 of 36 (219,025 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok, all the instructions, blogs, forums, etc., say that the only key for this is to use the middle button the mouse (which a trackball mouse doesn't have and you didn't have to use in Sims 3).  After playing around, I did find that, if you hit tab, it will turn off all your UIs and make your mouse directionals go completely batty and this will allow you to change the camera angle.  However, it is very uncontrolable in that mode and when you hit tab to go back it does not give you the exact angle you put it at but a close approximation (be prepared to fiddle with it a few times). 

EA really needs to fix this..... yesterday.  I mean, seriously, of all the stupid things to forget to do when making a game like this.... you forget to put in camera angle adjustments and/or instructions for them (THAT should have been one of the first things done and definitely should have been the first thing in the tutorial -- since it is so different from the first 3 sims games -- and new players.... god help them cause EA sure didn't).

Message 9 of 36 (218,984 Views)

★★ Novice

Use control, shift, tab- it returns camera angle to far more normal degree so you're once again looking at everything on a lower angle.  Hope this helps Standard smile

Message 10 of 36 (242,336 Views)