Re: Sims 4 CTD

by redconverse44

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 CTD

★ Novice

I've put 241 successful simming hours into this game on my PC, however after buying the Realm of Magic and Sulani packs, my game will no longer launch  properly. I get through the initial Sims4 startup animations, and I can interact with the start page of the game successfully. However, as soon as I hit the play button, the music stutters and my game CTD. EA support has failed to be of any help so far, and I'm very frustrated by the hours and hours I've spent trying to fix this.

I do not have mods or cc. I have uninstalled/reinstalled both Origin and the Sims 4. All my drivers are up to date. My computer is not maxed out by the game. I rolled back windows updates, made data exceptions and new firewall rules, deleted caches, repaired the game, moved folder locations, etc. Just about every single fix the internet could give me I have tried. I'm utterly lost. Please help!

Message 1 of 3 (354 Views)

Accepted Solution

@redconverse44  Please disable MSI Afterburner or RivaTuner Statistics Server, if you have either one running.  A lot of players on the latest Windows build find they can't run either one alongside Sims 4.  This has been an issue for two months, so rolling back a more recent update likely wouldn't have made any difference.

And it's a good idea to check for Windows updates as well—your dxdiag has a few errors related to updating.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (336 Views)

All Replies

@redconverse44  Please disable MSI Afterburner or RivaTuner Statistics Server, if you have either one running.  A lot of players on the latest Windows build find they can't run either one alongside Sims 4.  This has been an issue for two months, so rolling back a more recent update likely wouldn't have made any difference.

And it's a good idea to check for Windows updates as well—your dxdiag has a few errors related to updating.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (337 Views)

★ Novice

You are. My hero. I uninstalled Riva and MSI afterburner and it runs like it used to. I hadn't found anything that indicated those were problems with anything related to the Sims in my own research! This had driven me and 3 other people who tried to help me INSANE. I'm shocked EA doesn't have a note about this on any of their help pages for crashes. THANK YOU!!!

Message 3 of 3 (328 Views)