Sims 4 CTD - No Error

by Narciissist

Original Post

Sims 4 CTD - No Error

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi!

So this issue began with my Sims 4 opening in a minimized tab that would only close via task manager. I repaired my game, updated it, and disabled Origin in-game. Now, sometimes it opens in a minimized tab, and sometimes it opens correctly.

When the game does open correctly, it crashes about 10-15 minutes into the game with no error pop up box.

I have over 300 hours into the game and have not encountered this issue before. Additionally, if I have other applications running (namely Discord, or Spotify) they seem to crash exclusively if Sims 4 is running simultaneously. I'm not sure if this is coincidence or indication of a bigger problem with my device, or if it ties into whatever is causing Sims 4 to crash.

My laptop is up to date, has over 7.00GB of accessible RAM. Graphics drivers are up to date (according to my PC).

My game has no CC installed.

The only thing I haven't (to my knowledge) tried is reinstalling the game.

I really appreciate any help anyone can offer - thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 4 (527 Views)

Re: Sims 4 CTD - No Error

Hero

Hi @Narciissist 

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

That often gives an indication what could be the issue.

Have you tried closing discord and spotify to see if that gets rid of the crashing for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (495 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi @crinrict, thanks so much for the response! I have attached my DxDiag.

Yes, I did try without discord and spotify running.

I have also done a clean install of Origin, reinstalled the game, and I reset my Sims 4 to factory settings, which has made it open quicker and not in a "window."

I made a new save file to test, however, and the game still crashed about 15 minutes into game play.

Message 3 of 4 (488 Views)

Hero

Hi @Narciissist 

which packs do you own ? Your graphics chip is really borderline. Also check if there are newer drivers for the chip: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

On which graphics settings are you running the game ? Have you tried lowering it all the way. I also would try playing with nothing running in the background.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (463 Views)