Sims 4 - CC not working anymore

by eleanorod

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 - CC not working anymore

★ Novice
I haven’t played the sims 4 in a while and I recently went to play it again but for some reason it wouldn’t really work properly. I could get to the map of the worlds and everything and I could enter cas and make a new household perfectly fine but when I went to go into the house and actually play with my sims the loading screen would just stay there forever I even left it for a good 2 hours and nothing changed. The text at the bottom of the plumbob would change and everything so I know my game hadn’t crashed. I finally found out that it was the cc in my game that had caused it but I’ve had cc for a while and have never had a problem with it. I really don’t want to delete it because I love using cc on my sims. What else can I do ??
Message 1 of 2 (665 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 - CC not working anymore

Champion (Retired)

Hi @eleanorod

You might have to remove some cc, but not all of them! You probably have some cc that are broken/outdated, and you need to update them. Sometimes the mod-creator stopped updating their mods, and you have to remove the mod. Do these things and you'll find all broken mods. First try without any so you know that the game works fine. You can choose the order yourself but I'd start with 1 and 2, Make sure to try the game in between so you don't waste your time Standard smile

1. If the problem started after the latest patch/update, always make sure to update your mods when you update your game. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the C&D-patch! A few others have been broken after that but not so many that there is a list.
    https://simsvip.com/2017/11/07/incompatible-modsupdates-november-7-2017-patch/
  2. Download Sims 4 Studio and do batch-fixes for your cc.
  3. Search for the Mod Conflict Detector on google and run it, see if it can detect some broken mods, remove these and try your game again.
  4. Use the 50/50 method to find broken mods (remove half of your cc, start the game, see if it works (then you know there is a broken mod in that half. Repeat until you fins all broken mods)

Good Luck!

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (850 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 - CC not working anymore

Champion (Retired)

Hi @eleanorod

You might have to remove some cc, but not all of them! You probably have some cc that are broken/outdated, and you need to update them. Sometimes the mod-creator stopped updating their mods, and you have to remove the mod. Do these things and you'll find all broken mods. First try without any so you know that the game works fine. You can choose the order yourself but I'd start with 1 and 2, Make sure to try the game in between so you don't waste your time Standard smile

1. If the problem started after the latest patch/update, always make sure to update your mods when you update your game. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the C&D-patch! A few others have been broken after that but not so many that there is a list.
    https://simsvip.com/2017/11/07/incompatible-modsupdates-november-7-2017-patch/
  2. Download Sims 4 Studio and do batch-fixes for your cc.
  3. Search for the Mod Conflict Detector on google and run it, see if it can detect some broken mods, remove these and try your game again.
  4. Use the 50/50 method to find broken mods (remove half of your cc, start the game, see if it works (then you know there is a broken mod in that half. Repeat until you fins all broken mods)

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 2 (851 Views)