Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Sims 4 CC issues

by hermionegio

Original Post

Sims 4 CC issues

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I'm having an issue with CC in Sims 4 which I am still trying to find a solution for.

Basically, the game loads normally but, as soon as I try to start a new game (which leads me to CAS), the game freezes.

I have all EP/GP/SP installed and, of course, the game is updated.

I have my CC very well organized in folders/subfolders and, since it is mostly furniture stuff, I made subfolders like Kitchen, Living Room etc. to easily sort every set out. 

Ever since I installed Seasons I encountered issues with my CC, but I thought updating it could have helped. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

In the past, the 50/50 method combined with Sims 4 Studio's fixes were more than enough to solve any issue. This time though, it seems different.

I am still proceeding with the 50/50 method but something very weird is happening: sometimes the game works normally after adding a folder, sometimes it freezes in CAS with the very same folder included which proved to be (apparently) ok just a few minutes before. Of course, I have to start the 50/50 method all over again, which is driving me crazy because it's taking forever to try to understand which files are good and which are not. 

Please note I did NOT include my Script folders in the 50/50 method yet: I just have a couple of scripts and I will update them as soon as I manage to finally play the game again with CC. So, Scripts are not causing this issue.

What I tried so far:

-Repairing the game in Origin

-The reset of the Sims 4 folder

-The 50/50 method (still doing it, since I have to test a folder more than once). I delete localthumbcache.package and cachestr folder every time I launch the game.

-As far as I know, I even already removed all the incompatible/bugged mods (I checked both the official forum and SimVIP's lists)

It also looks like the files messing with the game are NOT always the same. For instance, in the beginning, it looked like it was the Living Room/Kitchen/Outdoor stuff that made the game freezing. However, after the reset of the Sims 4 folder, I tried placing back in the Mods folders the subfolders starting from the Furniture one (which included the aforementioned subfolders Living Room etc.) and the game worked like a charm. In fact, now it seems building sets and clothing files are the culprit. 

I don't think they really are, though. I'm starting to think that there's some conflict between CC files... but how can I trace back which ones are conflicting since they are not always the same? 

I doubt my PC is causing the issue. My PC specs: OS Windows 7 Home 64Bit (regularly updated); CPU: AMD FX 8320E 8 Core, 3.2 GHz, AM3+; RAM: 16 GB; VGA: Sapphire VGA Sap Radeon R7 360 2GB, plenty of free space on the HD (more than 200 GB).

Do you have any suggestion? I'm desperate as it looks like I will no longer be able to play the game with my CC. Frown

Thanks a lot in advance!

Message 1 of 5 (75 Views)

Re: Sims 4 CC issues

★★★★★ Pro
Message 2 of 5 (70 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Hi jpkarlsen,
first of all, thank you for your reply. I checked the link and I already tried every tip listed.
Unfortunately, though, nothing changed.
I guess finding files conflicting between themselves is much harder than "simply" finding a corrupted file. Frown
Message 3 of 5 (67 Views)

@hermionegio Have you tried removing ALL mods and cc and see if the game plays? If the game plays then you will know that you have a cc or mod issue. It may be an issue of one mod in conflict with another mod. Are you sure your mods are up to date? When the game updates you may have to update your mods.

I do not work for EA or associated with EA other then helping other users in the forums.
Message 4 of 5 (63 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@roberta591 thank you for your reply.
Yes, I tried to remove all mods and cc more than once in order to proceed with the 50/50 method and the game plays normally. That's how I realized there's a conflict between CC. I don't have many actual mods and I have yet to place them back in Mods folder because they still need to be updated, that's how I know for sure they're not the ones causing the issue.
Message 5 of 5 (50 Views)
sims-four-characters

The Sims 4 Patch Notes

Check out the latest updates and bug fixes

View more on EA Help
white-sims-bg

Restore a previous saved game

Choose from an automatically stored save point in The Sims 4 if your data's corrupted or you want to revert anyway.

View more on EA Help

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help