by ChxrlieNewmxn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 CC glitch

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Toddler stuff, Moschino stuff, Laundry Day, Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Turning on Enable custom content and mods
What happens when the bug occurs? When enable custom content and mods is turned on, the home screen of the game goes white and all the writing gets messed up, when on build and buy mode, when trying to look at and place down objects, none show up and you cannot use the filters, and when in create a sim I can't change the swatches of any of the items, cc or not.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to see all the objects in my game when building, be able to see the home screen and my packs and be able to properly create a sim and be able to choose the colour of what I like.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. When the update came when Kits were added to the game, that's when this issue started.

Message 1 of 3 (1,153 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 CC glitch

@ChxrlieNewmxn  That looks and sounds like the effects of an outdated mod.  The most common culprits are mods that change the user interface, e.g. the UI Cheats mod, but there are a few that can cause these kinds of issues.  So please try removing any UI mods you have, and delete localthumbcache.package as well.

If that doesn't help, try the 50/50 method to sort through your mods:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,117 Views)

All Replies

@ChxrlieNewmxn  That looks and sounds like the effects of an outdated mod.  The most common culprits are mods that change the user interface, e.g. the UI Cheats mod, but there are a few that can cause these kinds of issues.  So please try removing any UI mods you have, and delete localthumbcache.package as well.

If that doesn't help, try the 50/50 method to sort through your mods:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (1,118 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! I got it working againStandard smile

Message 3 of 3 (1,105 Views)