Re: Sims 4 CC doesn't show after June 2020 update

by LolaLikesC4

Original Post

Sims 4 CC doesn't show after June 2020 update

★★★ Newbie

Ever since I updated (which I waited until I HAD to, and now my entire game is RUINED-the June 2020 update), NONE of my CC shows up in CAS. Yes, it's in the correct folder. Yes, laptop mode is off. And yes, settings are set to "ultra". I deleted ALL my CC (after I updated), and re-downloaded new stuff after learning I wouldn't be able to use what I previously had any longer, and it still does not work. I'm so irritated at this; the update and the whole game itself. EA: PLEASE FIX THIS-ASAP. I've spent hours on end downloading things, subscribed to creators, researched why this isn't working trying to find an answer to see if anyone else is having this problem and am not finding any fixes. The closest issue somebody else had that I found was that their CC actually SHOWED in CAS...it just wouldn't appear on the character. They would select a custom eye color, and get the standard game eye. Sooo... EA? Help? Anybody?!

Message 1 of 3 (1,675 Views)

★★★ Expert

@sweeetsarah It's true that some CC was broken by the last game patch. Here's a list:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976565/broken-updated-mods-cc-june-20-eco-lifestyle-patc...

All of my mods and CC seem to be working fine so far. I updated many of my mods but none of my CC was on that list so I'm just using the same stuff as before the patch. Can you double-check to see if CC is still enabled in your Game Options in the "Other" tab? Origin has a sneaky way of disabling mods and CC during patch updates. Also, can you verify that you still have a Resource.cfg file in your Mods folder?

One more thing to check-- if you are on PC, can you verify the location of your Sims 4 user folder? Sometimes the game will start to use a different user folder, ie something on the cloud like OneDrive. If your game is using a Mods folder on OneDrive then it will not see any CC you have added to your old Mods folder in your Documents folder. Here's a link on how to find out which folder your game is currently using:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

Good luck, I hope this helps :D

I'm just a regular Sims player, I do not work for EA, Sony, or Microsoft

Message 2 of 3 (1,635 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have this exact problem. Could you clarify the use of the Resource.cfg file and what you mean by verifying that its still in the folder? I have heard some say that you're meant to DELETE it, whilst others say not to. What does it do exactly and should I keep it or delete it? Thanks

Message 3 of 3 (1,472 Views)