Sims 4 CC Won't Delete

by bennyfoofer

Original Post

Sims 4 CC Won't Delete

★★★ Newbie

So I just got the game again and downloaded all of my old CC. And Sims 4 says that some cc files are corrupted, so whatever, I'll just delete them. Yet, when I delete the files, Sims 4 says they're still in my mods folder even though they're not. I'm not really sure what to do...

Message 1 of 3 (3,007 Views)

Re: Sims 4 CC Won't Delete

@bennyfoofer  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 tech section.  If you happen to be on a Mac, let us know, and we'll move you to Sims/Mac instead.  Either way, you'll get Sims-specific help here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (2,986 Views)

Re: Sims 4 CC Won't Delete

Hero (Retired)
@bennyfoofer

I suppose half of your old CC is outdated. After each patch or addition, part of the CC is incompatible with the game.
This applies especially to script mods, but to CC also.
Just move your mods folder to the desktop in this way your game will definitely not contain CC.
Next, remove the localthumbcache.package file from the game folder and repair the game on Origin.
Turn on the game to create a new mods folder.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method.

I don't work for EA
Message 3 of 3 (2,967 Views)