Re: Sims 4 CC Won't Delete

by kreatora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 CC Won't Delete

★★ Novice

So I'm experiencing a bit of an annoying issue...

I don't really play with much CC anymore. I still have a few though, and recently I tried deleting some... but they won't disappear. They don't show up in my Mods folder any longer but when I launch the game and play, I still see sims wearing the CC i thought i deleted and when I go into CAS they're still there and I can wear them.

This would not be a major problem for me, however one particular hairstyle has been annoying me. Nearly EVERY sim that gets randomly generated in my game will be wearing it, male and female... so now there are tons of sims walking around in the exact same ponytail.That's why I wanted it to be deleted in particular. 

I think the reason for this might be because I play the sims 4 on an external hard drive now...? When I used to play the sims 4 on my old laptop this was never an issue. 

What should I do?

Message 1 of 11 (10,789 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

Greetings @iamsovoltage 

I think it's best to move each mod/cc somewhere else > Repair the game > and then place back the mods that you want the game to keep :3 

Repairing the game before adding the mods/cc back, should make the unwanted ones disappear. 

Let us know how it goes ^_^! I wish you a great time Cat

I do not work for EA. I am just a player helping other players. 

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (10,647 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Delete the cache file localthumbcache.package.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 11 (10,732 Views)

★★ Novice

didn't work Frown 

Message 3 of 11 (10,720 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@iamsovoltage 

Remove your mods folder to the desktop, Game will create a new empty one.
You have already deleted localthumbcache.package file - so you need to fix the game in Origin now.
Origin/Library - right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

You can also turn off both "enable mods with scripts " and " enable custom contest" in-game option to be sure it isn't working,

I don't work for EA

Message 4 of 11 (10,718 Views)

★★ Novice

Hmm I don't want to get rid of CC/Mods altogether though. It's just a select few that I would like to delete. 

Message 5 of 11 (10,687 Views)

★★ Novice

anyone have suggestions?

Message 6 of 11 (10,663 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Put those back you want to keep. Remember to check that they are still compatible. A lot were broken after the latest patch.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 11 (10,658 Views)

★ Guide

Greetings @iamsovoltage 

I think it's best to move each mod/cc somewhere else > Repair the game > and then place back the mods that you want the game to keep :3 

Repairing the game before adding the mods/cc back, should make the unwanted ones disappear. 

Let us know how it goes ^_^! I wish you a great time Cat

I do not work for EA. I am just a player helping other players. 

Message 8 of 11 (10,648 Views)

★★ Novice

it worked! thank you so much!

Message 9 of 11 (10,617 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it didn't work for me. nothing is working and this is so frustrating to the point where  im ready to delete the game.

Message 10 of 11 (9,115 Views)