Sims 4 CC Hair won't change colours

by silliestduck

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 CC Hair won't change colours

Hero

Sims4Studio might have a batch fix routine later when they figured it out.

For now it's best to remove them. It's not all cc hair only alpha ones. (not sure what that means to be honest)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 229 (16,347 Views)

★★★ Novice

Alpha means all hairs that are "realistic", aka the opposite of maxis match hairs. Example of comparison here (from thesims.com forum)

Message 32 of 229 (16,321 Views)

Hero
Ah, thanks for the explanation :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 229 (16,312 Views)

Hair and Eyebrows color swatches not displaying properly after Nov 13

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Download the family called Lockdown pt 2 from my gallery.
What happens when the bug occurs? With CC Hair: Hair color and eyebrows will not change colors. Randomizer will only choose CC hair. Once chosen, it will stick to that new color and repeat the same issue. Without CC Hair: Hair color and eyebrows will not display the proper swatch color meaning the color picked will not be the color on the hair. Styles are working fine, it's just the colors that aren't. I have removed all CC and still have this issue. It also only seems to be with two female alien toddlers in that family. Other families, ages and races are fine. New alien toddlers seem to be ok as well.
What do you expect to see? Hair and eyebrows to display the proper color.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Nov 13

I've tried combinations of different things to resolve this. At this point my only recourse may be to clone the two in question and see if that will fix the issue. However, I really don't want to do that if I don't have to.

Message 34 of 229 (16,291 Views)

Re: Hair and Eyebrows color swatches not displaying properly after Nov 13

Hero

Hi @Sparkiekong

merged your post with thread on the issue.

As this is a cc issue, the creators will need to fix it.

Pretty sure they're already hard at work to solve it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 229 (16,299 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict Actually it's not only a CC issue. I was reporting all the information I could. The problem is still there when CC is removed. When CC is removed, the default game hair doesn't report the proper color swatches. If you look at the attached pictures, the hair is a default toddler hair.

I've reattached the images here.

This is not really CC oriented at all. My issue is with the swatches. When you look at the images, the color swatch does not reflect the actual hair color on the sim.

Message 36 of 229 (16,289 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sorry, your post was eaten by spam .. should be back now.

I'll test your toddlers.

EDIT: Can't find a family by that name in your gallery.

EDIT EDIT: Downloaded another Alien toddler and it seems there's an issue for those. Alien adults seem fine so it might be very specific to some toddlers.I also tested some other random toddlers which were all fine.

Do you remember if you created yours from scratch or where they ingame born ? Did they ever have any cc hair ? 

@Sparkiekong

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 229 (16,270 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Do you have default cc eyes installed? Those are unfucntional after this patch. 

Message 38 of 229 (16,223 Views)

★★ Apprentice

yes i did,deleted thumnailcache also ,but not changing,i have 160  cc files,its hard to find back what is the cc have to chance. 

Message 39 of 229 (16,213 Views)

★ Apprentice
My CC Default eyes work. So maybe its only the ones you are using?
Message 40 of 229 (16,194 Views)