Re: Sims 4 CC Hair won't change colours

by PetalRoseSim

Original Post

Re: Sims CC Hair won't change colors

Hero

Custom Content Hair Color Swatches:
This can now be changed again. Sims were going through their “natural look” phase and were rejecting CC hair. But all the Dev team Dads commented on how hip it looks so, needless to say, Sims want their CC back. A little reverse psychology works wonders.

This issue should be solved with Patch 1.47.51

Please all update your games and let me know how it goes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 221 of 229 (44,071 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well, the last patch seems to have fixed this bug. Now I can change colors on my CC eyes and beards. Good job Maxis!

Message 222 of 229 (4,998 Views)

Re: Sims CC Hair won't change colors

★★ Novice

Welp, I don't know if the patch fixed my cc hair coloring issue (which I did have). Only 3 of the 55 custom hairs that I had are actually showing up when I try to change my Sim's appearance. I took the Hair folder out, started up my game and did a new save, exited, stuck the folder back in and went into the new save, but no dice. :-(

Message 223 of 229 (4,937 Views)

★★ Novice
!!!!! Ok so idk if it has fixed for anyone else but try your hairs now! Mine have started working again and I haven’t done anything to try and fix it (: xx
Message 224 of 229 (4,405 Views)

★★ Novice

Have you tried removing the CC file(s) from the folder containing them and put them back i and rebooting your game? 
It's worked for me once when I had the same problem.

Message 225 of 229 (2,733 Views)

Re: Can't change hair color

★ Novice

I strongly believe it might be the creator's CC who have chosen one color and maybe forgot to edit it or it might be The Sims 4. Did the hair CC come with different colors?

Message 226 of 229 (2,447 Views)

★★ Novice

im having some what of a simaler problem execpt i just got the seasons and city living and my cc hairs all have a big chunk of orange highlights in the hair no matter what cc i use and its only orange no other color. and i have no idea how to fix it, i have asked for  help on tumblr nothing ea has tried to help me but thier instructions they email me half the time dont make any sense to me at all. so i have no idea what to do im so close to just uninstalling it and saying screw it.

Message 227 of 229 (2,404 Views)

★★★★ Novice

With CC hair it can be a bit hit or miss, always makes sure that when you download it that you have the original Mesh as if it's a recolour then it won't work. Also make sure that the hairs and all CC you download are up to date and compatible with the latest version of the game. 

Message 228 of 229 (1,945 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you're on PC, what helped me was taking it off of laptop mode. However, I think there was a patch to fix this. Best of luck! Standard smile

Bug

Message 229 of 229 (1,574 Views)