Re: Can't change hair color

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 CC Hair won't change colours

★ Apprentice

So I went to play the Sims 4 today (November 13, 2018) and my origin said that there was an update available, so it wouldn't let me play the game until I updated. After I updated my game I decided to change one of my sims hairstyles and I went to click on the hair colour that suited her other hairs but it wouldn't change to that colour. So I tried another hair and another, and they didn't change colours. Now not EVERY SINGLE one of my CC hairs does this, but if there is a fix other than finding the "broken" CC, and then deleting and re-installing the hair that would be greatly appreciated. (I also haven't checked if it's doing this for my cc clothes)

Message 2 of 229 (75,297 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims CC Hair won't change colors

Hero

Custom Content Hair Color Swatches:
This can now be changed again. Sims were going through their “natural look” phase and were rejecting CC hair. But all the Dev team Dads commented on how hip it looks so, needless to say, Sims want their CC back. A little reverse psychology works wonders.

This issue should be solved with Patch 1.47.51

Please all update your games and let me know how it goes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 221 of 229 (43,893 Views)

All Replies

Can't change hair color

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

i cannot change haircolours for lots of hairstyles since last update

Message 1 of 229 (75,203 Views)

Re: Sims 4 CC Hair won't change colours

★ Apprentice
I also downloaded the Sims 4: Seasons, Toddler Stuff, and Jungle Adventure after updating my game if that helps. But I don't think that downloading those would make the hair colours stop changing. If it doesn't make sense - basically when I press on a colour block to change my sims hair from red to blonde, I can click on the block, but the colour of the hair doesn't change, it just stays red.
Message 3 of 229 (75,241 Views)

★★ Apprentice

the last cc hair i cannot changed color ,

Message 4 of 229 (75,225 Views)

Re: Can't change hair color

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi  @jan_vdb_1962

Looks like there's currently an issue with custom content hair .. guess it's waiting until the creators can figure it out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 229 (75,185 Views)

★ Novice
I'm having this problem too!
Message 6 of 229 (75,166 Views)

After updating, I can´t change colors at my CC hair??

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I got a lot of Hair CC, but after updating my game today, i cant change the colors, that I could before. 
Can anyone help me? :/

Message 7 of 229 (74,167 Views)

Hero

This thread will probably contain valuable info as we go along: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16828945#Comment_16828945

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 229 (75,149 Views)

★ Novice

Having the same issue since I downloaded the update today. Not all of my CC hairs are affected (just the ones I use regularly, annoyingly).

Trying to google a fix but nothing so far, I’ve reatarted the game and repaired it on Origin but nada.. but it’s a lot of effort to find all of the hairs online and re-download them to find that they’re still corrupted 🤷🏽‍♀️

Message 9 of 229 (75,107 Views)

Hero

As this is an issue with custom content, repairing won't help.

Creators will probably need to update their hair (chances are that S4Studio releases a batch update for them)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 229 (75,095 Views)