Re: Sims 4 CAS screen glitching

by Skylar8787

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 CAS screen glitching

★★★ Novice

I just updated my game today, but the CAS screen shows this sky pattern that looks like it's only partially loaded - like three fourths of it is darkened from the bottom up. It looks like it got stuck loading, but it isn't even the normal loading screen. I removed all mods and CC, but it still had the same issue.

Also, after the update, my loading screen is either endless, or it takes me to the Residential Worlds screen, but won't load anything, so I can't select which world to enter because the images won't load or anything. I have several saved games and have built a lot, and don't want to lose any of that. How do I fix this?

Message 1 of 5 (533 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Skylar8787  Please clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and repair the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, please let me know whether you use OneDrive, or iCloud if you happen to have a Mac.  Please also double-check whether there are any mods in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods: a cloud storage service might have redownloaded them for you after you removed them.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (485 Views)

All Replies

@Skylar8787  Please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you've moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just start a new save and let me know which issues, if any, are still present.

Message 2 of 5 (514 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did this, and it's still an issue.

Message 3 of 5 (499 Views)

@Skylar8787  Please clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and repair the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, please let me know whether you use OneDrive, or iCloud if you happen to have a Mac.  Please also double-check whether there are any mods in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods: a cloud storage service might have redownloaded them for you after you removed them.

Message 4 of 5 (486 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks so much. This worked!

Message 5 of 5 (474 Views)