Sims 4 CAS demo crashing after exactly ten seconds

by eumaL

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 CAS demo crashing after exactly ten seconds

★ Novice

I found loads of other people seeing issues, but nobody mentioned any regular timing of the crash when starting the game. I started counting the seconds between the screen focus changing to the CAS demo and the crash. It seems to be exactly ten seconds to a crash whether I click to skip the splash screens or not. 

I'm using:

Windows 7 Pro

NVidia GTX 460

24GB RAM

AMD FX 8350 8 Core Processor

All updated drivers

Over 1TB free space

I have tried the following:

Reinstalling Origin

Reinstalling the Sims4 CAS Demo

Starting with the internet connection disabled

Starting with antivirus disabled

Starting in XP SP3 Compatibility Mode

Starting with Origin in Offline Mode

Starting as Administrator

A few other things that seemed unlikely to help (and didn't)

What happens is this: It starts up like everything is going to be perfect. ESRB comes up, intro screen starts, midway through the animation of Maxis unraveling out of the EA ball, this happens: 

[Window Title]
The Sims™ 4 Create A Sim Demo

[Main Instruction]
The Sims™ 4 Create A Sim Demo has stopped working

[Content]
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

[Close program]

Alternately, if I click to skip the intro animations, it goes to the Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo title screen, then after ten seconds is up, it crashes with the same error.

I want this game. I've been impatiently counting the days for release. It is the only game I have any interest in playing. If the demo won't run on my system, what are the odds that the actual game will run? What do I need to do to make sure I can actually play this game when it comes out? Is there some fault with the GTX 460?

Thanks,

eumaL

Message 1 of 6 (538 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 CAS demo crashing after exactly ten seconds

★ Novice

Good news! It is fixed. I'm not sure what action fixed it, but here's what I did:

Emptied Recycle Bin

Ran Malwarebytes--I don't run it very often because I have a decent antivirus and I don't install many odd things. It found eight weird items, including a presumed inactive DoSearch, eintaller, some programs I wrote and compiled myself that already had exceptions in my antivirus, and some random-name library file and registry key that looked suspicious. I quarantined everything.

Rebooted

Updated Adobe Flash

Next thing I knew, it was working. Thanks for putting time into helping out, crinrict.

Thanks, 

eumaL

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (529 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Your specs and card are good enough. Do you maybe also have an intel chip ?

Could you post this info: 

1. Click on Start and then type the following into the search prompt at the bottom: perfmon /rel
  2. Press Enter to proceed.
  3. A window will open and in there you can click on the red circles with a white X.
  4. After clicking the X, the info on the bottom will update. Choose the Sims 3 Critical Event one and right click on it and choose "View Technical Details"
  5. Now on the next window, choose Copy to clipboard at the very bottom and post this into a reply to us here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (531 Views)

★ Novice

Neither my video card nor my CPU are Intel. Is that what you mean? 

Good instructions. Here's what I got:

Source
The Sims™ 4 Create A Sim Demo

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎8/‎22/‎2014 11:47 AM

Status
Not reported

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo\Game\Bin\TS4CAS.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: TS4CAS.exe
Application Version: 1.0.233.190
Application Timestamp: 02003040
Fault Module Name: StackHash_38e0
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: ffff0040
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 38e0
Additional Information 2: 38e01b8caa5f4573903fce04b6e3f371
Additional Information 3: 57c8
Additional Information 4: 57c893cc69e0092e8bb904efc122dd43

As far as I can tell, this same set of codes was generated for every crash.

I really appreciate your effort in trying to figure this out.

Message 3 of 6 (527 Views)

Hero

Well, googling this all comes down to DEP which is not possible to turn off for Sims 4 CAS Demo.

So I'm a bit unsure what to recommend.

Have you tried starting the demo as administrator and in compatibility mode ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (519 Views)

★ Novice

Good news! It is fixed. I'm not sure what action fixed it, but here's what I did:

Emptied Recycle Bin

Ran Malwarebytes--I don't run it very often because I have a decent antivirus and I don't install many odd things. It found eight weird items, including a presumed inactive DoSearch, eintaller, some programs I wrote and compiled myself that already had exceptions in my antivirus, and some random-name library file and registry key that looked suspicious. I quarantined everything.

Rebooted

Updated Adobe Flash

Next thing I knew, it was working. Thanks for putting time into helping out, crinrict.

Thanks, 

eumaL

Message 5 of 6 (530 Views)

Hero

Thanks for that solution.

Enjoy the demo

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (510 Views)