by janaebrownn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 CAS Story not completing

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Vampires, Strangerville, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In CAS Stories
What happens when the bug occurs? After completing the quiz for CAS Stories from the new update, the sims shadow stays there and nothing happens.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the sim generated
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The newest sims patch.

Every time I try to create a sim through the CAS story from the june 16th update,  it completes the little quiz but the sim does not appear. There is just a shadow of the sim.

Message 1 of 9 (3,169 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 CAS Story not completing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@janaebrownn : Try testing it without mods (move them to another place on your computer, then delete localthumbcache.package from your Sims 4 folder in Documents). ADDENUM: Also, back up your saves first!

Also, I've read earlier that "No More Vampire Growling + CAS" wreaks havoc with the new Story feature in CAS. Do you have that one?

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (3,133 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@janaebrownnTry turning down the graphics. It won't be a 100% fix but it should help.

Message 2 of 9 (3,146 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@janaebrownn : Try testing it without mods (move them to another place on your computer, then delete localthumbcache.package from your Sims 4 folder in Documents). ADDENUM: Also, back up your saves first!

Also, I've read earlier that "No More Vampire Growling + CAS" wreaks havoc with the new Story feature in CAS. Do you have that one?

Message 3 of 9 (3,134 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is very annoying I have been trying to restart my game for 2 hours now and nothing will happen. eventually, I tried using the methods that people have been providing but they, unfortunately, did not work. I was looking forward to this update but sadly I've been having this horrible glitch.

Message 4 of 9 (3,082 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Windy0000 wrote:

This is very annoying I have been trying to restart my game for 2 hours now and nothing will happen. eventually, I tried using the methods that people have been providing but they, unfortunately, did not work. I was looking forward to this update but sadly I've been having this horrible glitch.

I'm very sorry to hear that. Frown How is it related to this topic's issue, though?

Message 5 of 9 (3,061 Views)

Hero
@Windy0000 Do you have the same issue as OP ?
Did you remove all your mods ?

Here's a list with broken mods: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/962954/broken-updated-mods-cc-july-19-cas-stories-patch (there might be more than that).

@janaebrownn Please remove all your mods and test without. All reports in the bug forum must be on a vanilla game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (3,017 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@StarryMight Yes I do have the no more vampire growling mod but I’m going to remove it and see if it works
Message 7 of 9 (2,984 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@StarryMight I update the vampire mod and it worked. Thanks so much
Message 8 of 9 (2,979 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@janaebrownn : You're welcome! Large smile

Message 9 of 9 (2,972 Views)