Re: Sims 4 CAS Demo giving me black screen

by reionnalynne

Original Post

Sims 4 CAS Demo giving me black screen

★★★ Newbie

Hello. I recently downloaded the Sims 4 CAS Demo; however when I click on it to play, all I do is hear the noises of it loading in the background, but my screen is black and will not show me anything. I can't change the screen size or anything and I have to force close it through Task Manager. All my other games and everything else plays fine on my computer, so why not this?

Message 1 of 6 (1,597 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's a known problem. Likely if you right click on the black screen you'll see a llama face. 

A lot of people have found success by uninstalling Origin and reinstalling everything. If you do that and you don't find a fix, then unfortunately there isn't a known fix yet. 

Message 2 of 6 (1,477 Views)

★★★★ Novice
This is my exact problem as well. I've talked to four different advisors with no solution. Perhaps there will be some sort of update that helps at some point, or someone will stumble across the fix somehow. I don't have the llama face, just black screen with the music playing. I'm going to keep talking to advisors and see what else they can give me.
Message 3 of 6 (1,472 Views)

Hero

@BFUProductions Do you get just a black screen or a picture of a llama when you click somewhere ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (1,159 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello! No, no picture of anything. I can hear the music from the program loading up, but I can't see ANYTHING 

Message 5 of 6 (1,118 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (1,108 Views)