by TheEagleWillLand

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Bug Sims can't take their own things

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join University and then buy university items. Place them outside of your inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims stuff is being marked as stolen or not theirs. This happened specifically with bikes and other university items, like presentations.
What do you expect to see? I try to gather up my belongings, the option to add to inventory is blocked out and the game says "*sims name* does not own this item." They are unable to take their own things.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. University installed.

This is a minor bug compared to the bad grades and presentation bugs I've been experiencing, but maybe they're related. 

Message 1 of 7 (2,400 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Bug Sims can't take their own things

★ Apprentice

I believe this bug may have been a one time glitch, potentially mod related. I haven't even started a new save but the issue seems to have resolved itself.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (2,292 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@TheEagleWillLand Hm .. tested this and have no issues. Left a guitar in front of someone's house and my bike just somewhere on the street. Traveled to another lot and it was still mine.

Same if I place it in a dorm

Could you test a fresh game that never had any mods in if you have the same issue there (for testing purposes)

Did you put them in a chest at one point ? Could you maybe give some more detailed steps ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (2,382 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have not tested that yet,  but I will let you know if that makes a difference. I never put any of the items in a chest, weirdly enough I got the "stolen" bikes sent back to my residential lot after my Sims went back home with a message that said I left them on another lot, but they still are considered "stolen" if I take them out of my sims inventory on another lot. 

Message 3 of 7 (2,333 Views)

Hero
@TheEagleWillLand Did you find anything further on this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (2,306 Views)

★ Apprentice

I believe this bug may have been a one time glitch, potentially mod related. I haven't even started a new save but the issue seems to have resolved itself.

Message 5 of 7 (2,293 Views)

★★★ Novice

This still happen. its so frustrated.. i cant use vacuum, dyes and some collectibles that are in my Sims inventory

Message 6 of 7 (1,639 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Luna930311, please do not bump older threads such as this.

If having an issue then please make a new thread with as much info as possible.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (1,605 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help