Sims 4 Black Screen When Trying To Play.

by almoststacey

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Black Screen When Trying To Play.

★★★ Novice

I click play on the Sims 4, it loads like usual (black screen, then white along with the EA logo and what not) but just before it takes me to the home screen, where you can pick to load a game or create a new one, it just turns black. It doesn't do anything after that... It just stays black! I download Sims 4 from Origin and have 3 expansion packs installed (cats & dogs, Get To Work and the free Christmas one). I also have ALOT of cc (custom content) and game saves which I would hate to loose! I managed to stop it from loading my Origin account (from last post) but now it just keeps going black. I still think it might be something to do with the cc but I'm not sure. Sims also just had an update so that could be a reason but I'm not 100% sure!

PLEASE HELP!!!

~thanks.

Message 1 of 2 (226 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Black Screen When Trying To Play.

Champion (Retired)

The resent patch means that a lot of Mods and some CC needs updating. Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (218 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 Black Screen When Trying To Play.

Champion (Retired)

The resent patch means that a lot of Mods and some CC needs updating. Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 2 (219 Views)