Sims 4 Black Screen Flicker, HDR turns off.

by Curly_Potato

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Black Screen Flicker, HDR turns off.

★★ Novice

I've noticed a recurring problem whenever I try to play The Sims on HDR setttings on PC.

Every time I try to use the right mouse button to rotate the camera, and sometimes when I rotate an object, the screen goes black and starts flickering for a few seconds, and then goes inside the game again, having turned HDR off.

It´s only when I use the mouse, the game works fine, and HDR stays turned on, if I just use the keyboard.

I've tried updating. and repairing the game, tried changing the TV settings, tried changing it to the NVIDIA color settings, tried changing both the game´s and PC´s refresh rate down to 59, and 30, tried downloading HEVC, and tried changing HDMI cables, I´m currently using one made for 4k. I have also tried turnings my mods off, but nothing has worked so far.

Anybody know a way to fix this?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (793 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Black Screen Flicker, HDR turns off.

★★ Novice

I tried changing the games display type from full screen to windowed full screen, apparently that did the trick!

Hope this helps someone else with a similar problem. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (735 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@Curly_Potato

This error is very specific. If nobody answers you here, contact Microsoft Virtual Agent. You can find this option on this page.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4040263/windows-10-hdr-advanced-color-settings
Message 2 of 3 (780 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried changing the games display type from full screen to windowed full screen, apparently that did the trick!

Hope this helps someone else with a similar problem. 

Message 3 of 3 (736 Views)