Sims 4 Balcony glitch

by VinceK7925

Original Post

Sims 4 Balcony glitch

★★ Novice

Heyy. ive been trying all night to make my balconies work. ive tried everything and im completely lost. So the issue is.. i made 2 balconies and sims cant stand on them and i cant place anything on it. when i try to place something it is being placed under the balcony. and when i try to make a sim walk up there the sim goes down too. its like its invisible

Message 1 of 13 (2,005 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Balcony glitch

@VinceK7925  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 tech section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 13 (1,999 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@VinceK7925 Can you add a screenshot? Also, do you have Mods or CC? If you could send me a screenshot and also run a game repair with cache removal in the following manner first that would help us eliminate a few things: (Click the spoiler tag to get the directions, please):

Spoiler

If you have Mods or CC please remove them in this process and try the troubleshooting as described below. (If you don't have Mods or CC, just skip the part about removing the Mods folder, but still delete the cache file mentioned.) If you ever had Mods or CC in the past then do the steps as if you have them currently (removing the Mods folder), as there could be damage that has remained after you removed them.

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the basegame first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped.
If It fixes the situation I would recommend that you check with the Mod and CC creators to see if there are any known issues with their Mod/CC clashing with the recent update and if so do they have an updated Mod/CC that will address the changes in the game's code from the update. You can then re-add your updated Mods/CC one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 13 (1,993 Views)

★★ Novice

I dont use cc or mods. The little plant thing is just for an example Schermopname (342).png

Message 4 of 13 (1,986 Views)

★★ Novice

this is a better pic. u can see that the thing i want to place isnt at the balcony but under it

Message 5 of 13 (1,981 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@VinceK7925 Thank you for the screenshots. If a room is not functioning properly for access, placing items, functionality, etc., it is a good idea to try re-tracing the room and sometimes the adjoining rooms as well to make sure the game is seeing the room as a room and properly acknowledging it. Please see this video for how to do this: https://youtu.be/rx__MGVGMnc

Please let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Message 6 of 13 (1,967 Views)

★★ Novice

it didnt work Frown thanks for ur effort and help tho <3

Message 7 of 13 (1,940 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@VinceK7925 I am so sorry to hear that! Did you try re-tracing the adjacent rooms as well? When you retraced the balcony did it create a floor and ceiling and close up?

Can you possible upload the lot to the gallery with a name something like "balcony glitch test" so that I could download the lot and test it in my game also? Let me know when it is in the gallery and what name you gave it. If you can include a link here that would be awesome. Thank you!

Message 8 of 13 (1,934 Views)

★★ Novice

sorry. that would not be possible Frown

Message 9 of 13 (1,904 Views)

Champion

@VinceK7925 Could you share your 'saves' file via one of these methods and share a link to it? Then You would have to also provide me with a description of which world and lot it is on: 
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Message 10 of 13 (1,898 Views)