Sims 4 Appcrash

by fuddk0023

Original Post

Sims 4 Appcrash

★★★★★ Newbie

When I run the game, the game stops in 10 minutes or a few seconds. This is an error that occurs repeatedly. I tried to reinstall the game, but I still have problems. Is it a mod issue? Do I need to upgrade my computer?

문제 서명:
문제 이벤트 이름: APPCRASH
응용 프로그램 이름: TS4_x64.exe
응용 프로그램 버전: 1.40.61.1020
응용 프로그램 타임스탬프: 5a7e37ac
오류 모듈 이름: Simulation_x64.dll
오류 모듈 버전: 1.200.0.325
오류 모듈 타임스탬프: 5a7e3750
예외 코드: c0000005
예외 오프셋: 0000000000410ca6
OS 버전: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
로캘 ID: 1042
추가 정보 1: 6767
추가 정보 2: 6767bbc798e0167c7dfebd3e3c7eb123
추가 정보 3: 74ee
추가 정보 4: 74eeaf9c937df6c547031be1dc1e81a4

Message 1 of 4 (365 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Appcrash

Champion (Retired)

@fuddk0023

Hi!
It could be a mod issue. To try it out, remove all of them to see if the game works better.
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

But you should also your graphics drivers, they're from 2016. I also have a Nvidia card and I use GeForce Experience to update my drivers. That program can also optimize the game to run on graphics that your PC can handle.

You're a bit short on space on your C: drive, so be careful with that, but it probably should not crash your game that much.

If removing the mods and updating drivers was not enough, try this:

Reset your files to factory settings.

• Make a backup; copy your The Sims 4-folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to an external drive or somewhere else on your computer, for example your desktop.
  • Rename the The Sims 4-folder in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_backup
  • Reboot the computer
  • Start the game, make a new save, and see if the error is gone. 
    (The game will have created a new The Sims 4-folder in your documents, this is supposed to happen)

• If yes, continue
    • If no, post a reply telling us the error is still there
  • Start putting folders back in the new The Sims 4-folder. Observe! After every file/folder, start the game and make sure it still works, before putting in the next one.
    • Options.ini - your game settings
    • Saves - your old saves. The sub-folders are not needed. If putting these back causes problem, try putting one back at a time.
    • Screenshots
    • Custom music - if you have any
    • Tray - your library objects; like lots, rooms and sims
    • Mods - your mods and cc, might cause problems when putting back

If putting back one of the folders was problematic and you did not work it out, please post a reply and we'll see if we can find what your problem is!

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/

Good Luck! Standard smile

Message 2 of 4 (359 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I did what you ordered. I enjoyed the game for about 2 hours, but it ended with the same error. It seems I need a lot of time to figure out what is really the problem.

Message 3 of 4 (338 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@fuddk0023

LastCrashes are hard to read, only EA can do it fully, so I cannot for sure tell you what the problem is.

Try turning off programs in the background so that you don't have too much running and make sure to save often. At least restarting the game every 2 hours is better than every 10 minutes. Maybe you can try to see if it is some specific place or some interaction that makes the game crash. Do you get any LastException files while playing? Especially around the time of the crash? If so, can you attach them?

Message 4 of 4 (325 Views)