Sims 4 - Age up menu never appeared, causing the game to soft lock.

by FungeyLeo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 - Age up menu never appeared, causing the game to soft lock.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I do not know what caused it, but it happened after my kid sim had blown out the candles on a white cake. This day was not their birthday, instead I wished to age up them up prematurely, which I've done in the past and it worked fine.
What happens when the bug occurs? After blowing out the candles and the sim spinning around and transitioning to their newly aged sim, the game paused and allowed the transparent blue background that normally appears behind the menu asking me to chose the new traits and ambition for the now teenager sim, however, that trait choosing box never showed up. Now the game is soft locked, with the plumb bob over my currently chosen sim still spinning. I hadn't saved for hours, so now I'm just hoping there's some way to recover this.
What do you expect to see? A soft locked game with a blue transparent background keeping you from any interactions, and of course a missing age up menu.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I do not know what caused it, but it happened after my kid sim had blown out the candles on a white cake. This day was not their birthday, instead I wished to age up them up prematurely, which I've done in the past and it worked fine. After blowing out the candles and the sim spinning around and transitioning to their newly aged sim, the game paused and allowed the transparent blue background that normally appears behind the menu asking me to chose the new traits and ambition for the now teenager sim, however, that trait choosing box never showed up. Now the game is soft locked, with the plumb bob over my currently chosen sim still spinning. I hadn't saved for hours, so now I'm just hoping there's some way to recover this.

Yes I have CC, however I've never experienced an issue with aging up till now. I just recently installed Seasons, however I had already had an age up since now and it went just fine.

Please help, I would love to escape this soft lock if possible and save myself from replaying these few hours.

Image is captured through opening a window capture in OBS, and taking a screencap of it there. This glitch does not allow me to screenshot in-game.

Message 1 of 4 (523 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 - Age up menu never appeared, causing the game to soft lock.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you so much for the reply. Seeing as now I've come to terms with losing the progress I had, I had recently installed a large package of CC traits. With them removed aging up is now correctly fixed. The 100 Traits Unlocked for CAS was the culprit, and now the files been removed due to the bugs it causes. Kinda wish that message was out before I downloaded it, but it was a great mod whilst functional. Again, thanks for your help.

EDIT (crin): Removed mods link. Please only name mods at AHQ, don't like them. Thank You

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (480 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @FungeyLeo

custom content and mods get outdated with patches. With this patch, all script mods are outdated and need updating.

I'm moving this to the tech forum so someone can assist you with troubleshooting.

Please do try if it works without any mods/cc installed and if it does, try find the guilty mod/cc

If you are any UI mods like the cheat extension or custom traits -  those are likely culprits.

Here's a list of outdated mods: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-fam...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you so much for the reply. Seeing as now I've come to terms with losing the progress I had, I had recently installed a large package of CC traits. With them removed aging up is now correctly fixed. The 100 Traits Unlocked for CAS was the culprit, and now the files been removed due to the bugs it causes. Kinda wish that message was out before I downloaded it, but it was a great mod whilst functional. Again, thanks for your help.

EDIT (crin): Removed mods link. Please only name mods at AHQ, don't like them. Thank You

Message 3 of 4 (481 Views)

Hero
Judging by the comments, the modder is working on an update.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (473 Views)