Re: Sims 4 Activation Error

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Activation Error

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

i recently sent my laptop to HP to be fixed and it resulted in a factory reset of my entire laptop. i had the sims 4 premium edition downloaded onto my laptop and it worked perfectly fine, but when i went to re download it and play it i kept getting the error in the picture. my internet connection is fine. i got fed up with trying to make it work and just played on my desktop but i would like to play my game i paid $70 for on my laptop also.

Message 1 of 5 (2,109 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

@waekend Ok, in that case there is more then likely an issue with Origin. Please try the steps in the order below:

1. Manually uninstall Origin
  2. Run CCleaner
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the setup file with Admin rights
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator

Let us know how you get on!

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (2,422 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@waekend 

Could you please try adding firewall/antivirus exception for ActivationUI.exe?The file can be found in the following locations in a default installation:

Sims 4: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\Core

Message 2 of 5 (2,095 Views)

★ Novice

i cant seem to find any sims 4 files, i did an entire pc search

Message 3 of 5 (2,090 Views)

EA Staff

@waekend Ok, in that case there is more then likely an issue with Origin. Please try the steps in the order below:

1. Manually uninstall Origin
  2. Run CCleaner
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the setup file with Admin rights
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator

Message 4 of 5 (2,423 Views)

Community Manager
Closing thread following a necro. Please feel free to create a new thread if you are experiencing a similar issue on this. Thanks.
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 5 of 5 (1,211 Views)