Sims 4 Activation Code is lost

by KaitlynBragg

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Activation Code is lost

★★★ Newbie

I bought the Sims 4 about 5-6 months ago, and I've played the game since then. Once I finally did the update for Origin yesterday it said I needed to "Activate" my game. I've lost the game case for the sims 4 and therefore have lost my code. How can I keep playing the sims 4?

Message 1 of 39 (62,910 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Activation Code is lost

The game no longer shows up in Origin

Try the following things: 

• Restart Origin.
  • Log out and back in and use the email address instead of the user name. Make sure to use the one you used to register the game in the first place.
  • Reinstall Origin.
  • Restart your router/modem.
  • Make sure the game isn't hidden by accident. To check, put the filter to Hidden Games. If it's there, right-click on the game to unhide ((click on the spoiler below to view an examplary screenshot))

• Get in touch with an EA Game Advisor.

Source: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Serial-Codes-Game-Activation-and-Download-Issues/td-p/422823...

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 5 of 39 (62,695 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

Try opening the game through Origin. You should not have to reactivate the game.

Also:
- Go to the 'my games' tab in Origin.
- Hover over your 'The Sims 4'.
You'll see a little screen come up with an 'i' and a 'play/download/install' button.
- Click on the 'i', you'll be taken to a different screen.

Next to the picture of the Sims 4 case, you'll see the product code. I believe that is your serial.
But when you enter that to reactivate you'll get the 'code already used' error. You don't have to reenter your code.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 39 (62,708 Views)

EA Staff

@KaitlynBragg Just to add to what Phantomlover1717 said, I don't see Sims 4  ever having been linked to the account you used to log in here. Could you please try logging in to Origin client with different email addresses you may have to check if the games shows under a different account?

Message 3 of 39 (78,299 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, so it's showing 2 of my sims 3 games but not my sims 4 game? Maybe I signed in on another origin account or something? I don't really remember doing that... but I'm super upset right now lol Tongue out

Message 4 of 39 (62,696 Views)

The game no longer shows up in Origin

Try the following things: 

• Restart Origin.
  • Log out and back in and use the email address instead of the user name. Make sure to use the one you used to register the game in the first place.
  • Reinstall Origin.
  • Restart your router/modem.
  • Make sure the game isn't hidden by accident. To check, put the filter to Hidden Games. If it's there, right-click on the game to unhide ((click on the spoiler below to view an examplary screenshot))

• Get in touch with an EA Game Advisor.

Source: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Serial-Codes-Game-Activation-and-Download-Issues/td-p/422823...

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 39 (62,696 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I just saw that. I don't remember logging in to another one... I'll try a couple things. :/

Message 6 of 39 (62,695 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, so I forgot I switched accounts a while back, because I started playing the sims 3 again. Thank you so much for your help! It said the Sims 4 required an update, so I assume after the update I should be able to play since it's updating the game?

Message 7 of 39 (62,691 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your time and help! I had to switch accounts. I'll still give you XP for helping me though! Have an awesome day, and God bless!

Message 8 of 39 (62,685 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought the Sims 4 some time in October I think and it's gone ;-; I tried doing what was in here, I put the CD in it's not working HELP ME ;-;

Message 9 of 39 (58,370 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi . I bought the game yesterday but it didn't have an activation code . what can I do?

Message 10 of 39 (57,748 Views)