Re: Sims 4 1050 ti help

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 1050 ti help

★ Novice

Hey there peeps I'm in need of a little help.

I just got a new laptop and fresh installed the game and it's running pretty damn slow no matter the settings. It does get a touch better on lower settings but that is marginal. Doesn't really make sense as the laptop i'm using should be able to do much better.

Any help would would be awesome.

Message 1 of 4 (1,129 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

Your built-in graphics are using Microsofts basic driver. You should install the Intel driver for it.

Follow @EA_Barry advice but instead of ts4.exe use ts4_x64.exe.

I can see a crash with Sims 4 please post the contents of the lastcrash.txt file. You can not attach that file. Paste its contents in spoiler tags (yellow icon above).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (1,113 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@danzie211

Your machine may be defaulting to the video processing on your CPU rather than your nvidia GPU.

1. Open the nvidia Control Panel
  2. Click Manage 3D settings
  3. Click the Program Settings tab
  4. Click the Add button
  5. Select the game from the list or click browse and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe
  6. Select TS4.exe and then Open
  7. Customise individual settings if you like
  8. Exit nvidia control panel and try playing.

Please try this and let us know if you are good to go. Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,116 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Your built-in graphics are using Microsofts basic driver. You should install the Intel driver for it.

Follow @EA_Barry advice but instead of ts4.exe use ts4_x64.exe.

I can see a crash with Sims 4 please post the contents of the lastcrash.txt file. You can not attach that file. Paste its contents in spoiler tags (yellow icon above).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 4 (1,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Thanks heaps for the reply,

Everything is working perfectly now. I got very carried away and had not installed the intel graphics driver.

I really appreciate the help Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (1,080 Views)