Sims 3

by JCJesusman

Original Post

Sims 3

★★★★★ Newbie

I bought "The Sims 3 Starter Pack" a couple years back and had to use my mothers account to download everything because I was to young. I am now trying to install it on my computer years later, I have all the disks and the paper with all the codes for the games. I got as far as the code section in the downloads and I am now stuck there, I tried to put the code in but since my mom used the code I cannot, it says that it was already used. I tried bypassing the code part but it then says, "Are you sure you want to cancel the download?" If I have the disks shouldn't I still be able to download the game? Please help if you can.

Message 1 of 2 (256 Views)

Re: Sims 3

@JCJesusman  If your base game disc was manufactured before September 2012, then you can install the game without Origin's involvement.  But later discs do require Origin to be present and managing the install, and that in turn means the base game code needs to be valid and usable.  So if you have a newer disc, you're probably stuck using your mom's account, or buying the game a second time.  EA doesn't allow codes to be transferred from one account to another, or removed from one account so a second one can use them.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (232 Views)