Sims 3

by ebrugur06

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3

★★★ Newbie

I have sims 3 for a long time now i have ccs and all and game was working just fine. A few weeks ago i downloaded 2 new ccs.they never installed when i tried to install them the little black screen popped up but never loaded. I thought there was a problem so i decided to not install them and decided playing. Game never loaded it was the black screen i waited so long for it to open but it didnt. I thought it was because of i had a lot of cc so i deleted some of them. I uninstalled and reinstalled, cleared DCBackup, repaired game but its still not working it just stays on that black screen and i cant do anything but restart my computer. The game used to load launcher in max 2 mins and took max 1 minute after hitting play button. I dont know what to do please help

Message 1 of 4 (400 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3

@ebrugur06  You can add your custom content back, sure, but the question is whether it will make the game crash again.  Try moving the .dbc files from DCCache in the old Sims 3 folder to DCCache in the new folder.  If the game crashes again, take out the highest numbered file, as in, if you have dcdb0.dbc through dcdb4.dbc, take out 4 and test with the others.  The files are numbered in order of creation, and it's possible the newest one is corrupted.  In that case, you'd need to delete it and reinstall the content inside, but the other .dbc files might be fine.

The .ebc files are store content, and you can add those separately.  You do need ccmerged.package from DCBackup to make your premium store items work though.  Any .package-based cc can also be handled separately; it shouldn't have anything to do with the launcher.

Any time you add or remove content from the Sims 3 folder in Documents, be sure to delete the five cache files in that folder as well.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

You can also add the rest of your content to your new folder, although it's always good to do so in stages, testing each batch of files before moving on to the next one.  Here's a list of everything in that folder:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (346 Views)

All Replies

@ebrugur06  Please move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If you can't run the game with a clean folder in place, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 4 (380 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I moved the folder and tried, it launched without a problem, i didnt really understand what you mean by clean folder but launcher was like as if i newly downloaded sims 3 which i assume this is what a clean folder is. I could start the game without a problem, again it was slower than usual but opened. I managed to create a sim, played and saved. Thank you i was able to start the game. Im wondering if there is a way i can get my cc back?

Message 3 of 4 (355 Views)

@ebrugur06  You can add your custom content back, sure, but the question is whether it will make the game crash again.  Try moving the .dbc files from DCCache in the old Sims 3 folder to DCCache in the new folder.  If the game crashes again, take out the highest numbered file, as in, if you have dcdb0.dbc through dcdb4.dbc, take out 4 and test with the others.  The files are numbered in order of creation, and it's possible the newest one is corrupted.  In that case, you'd need to delete it and reinstall the content inside, but the other .dbc files might be fine.

The .ebc files are store content, and you can add those separately.  You do need ccmerged.package from DCBackup to make your premium store items work though.  Any .package-based cc can also be handled separately; it shouldn't have anything to do with the launcher.

Any time you add or remove content from the Sims 3 folder in Documents, be sure to delete the five cache files in that folder as well.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

You can also add the rest of your content to your new folder, although it's always good to do so in stages, testing each batch of files before moving on to the next one.  Here's a list of everything in that folder:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

Message 4 of 4 (347 Views)