Re: Sims 3

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3

★ Novice

Each time after i load up my household i get ‘a serious error has occurred, while loading ’Appaloosa Plains.sims3’ it is strongly recommended that you restart the application’

i have restarted the game but nothing is working, what do i do? I don’t really want to start a new household.

Message 1 of 2 (291 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims 3

@latashapro70  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech forum.

The most common cause of the serious error message is having your TS3 game folder (the one in Documents\Electronic Arts) open when you launch the game.  Just make sure you don't have any File Explorer windows open when you go to play.

If this isn't the problem though, try loading your save in a clean game folder.  Pull your entire TS3 folder out of Documents\EA and onto your desktop, then open the launcher to create a new folder.  Inside your old game folder is a Saves folder, which you can just copy and paste into the new folder.  (Right-click on the folder to see the option to Copy, and then right-click in the blank space of the new folder to Paste.)

If your save loads, you may get a message about missing objects, which is normal—none of your store or custom content will be present in the new folder.  This is normal, and it doesn't matter, since you're just testing and don't need to save your progress.  If it doesn't load at all though, let me know, and I'll describe how to load the game's automatically generated backup save.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (279 Views)