Re: Sims 3 world won’t download

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 world won’t download

★★ Novice

I bought a world for $20 and it won’t download into my game it opens the launcher then ask me to sign in which I do but it just keeps popping up sign in ive typed it right and changed my pass

Message 1 of 2 (296 Views)

Re: Sims 3 world won’t download

@migarcia323  Please change your password to something with only letters and numbers, no special characters, accents, etc.  Clear the cache for the browser you're using, and clear Internet Explorer's cache as well.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

It can also help to open the launcher before you try to download.

If you still have a problem downloading, please move your entire Sims 3 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Clear Explorer's cache again, as well as the cache for the browser you're going to use.  Open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, and try to download the world again.  It's best to use Firefox or Explorer to download—they're more reliable with the store than Chrome.

If the world downloads correctly, you can move the downloaded file from the new Sims 3 folder to the old one before installing it.  The downloaded Sims3Pack will land in Downloads inside the user data folder, so move it to Downloads inside the old folder, delete the new folder, and put the old one back in Documents\Electronic Arts.  Then open the launcher and install it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (268 Views)