Re: Sims 3 wont play

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 wont play

★ Novice

My Sims 3 was working fine, but now when I click play from the launcher, it takes me back to desktop.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Origin, and I have uninstalled my Sims 3 base game, expansion and stuff packs and reinstalled all of them, but still the same result.

Hoping someone can give me a fix for this - I have a PC.  it is a new computer, but the game has been working fine, it is only in the last week that this has happened.

Message 1 of 4 (457 Views)
Highlighted

@needlewiz  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.

Try running both Origin and Sims 3 as an admin—right-click on each shortcut and select "Run as Administrator."

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach the results to a post here.  Even though your hardware might be more than fine for TS3, a dxdiag will cover other potential issues as well, like drivers and Windows errors.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (422 Views)

★ Novice

Hi Puzzleaddict

Thank you for your help with this.  I have tried the Run as Administrator but had no luck. I have now done the DxDiag and have attached the file.

Message 3 of 4 (390 Views)

@needlewiz  Your dxdiag lists a number of errors related to your graphics card drivers, not to mention that the driver info for both your cards is incomplete.  They could very well be corrupt, and that would definitely crash Sims 3.  So the best thing to do would be to install new drivers for both the Intel and AMD cards.

You'll want to download the drivers directly from HP, which will have a list of graphics drivers linked on the product page for your computer.  (Be sure to get the newest version for both Intel and AMD.)  Normally, I'd just link the driver page myself, but your dxdiag doesn't even list your exact model—it just says "HP Pavilion All-in-One 24-r0xx."  So you'll need to look up the exact product number and then find the corresponding HP driver page.  Or, if you're not seeing it, list your model number and I'll find it for you.

Once you've installed the drivers, try to launch the game a couple of times, and if it doesn't work, run another dxdiag.  I want to see whether the driver info is present, and whether the AMD driver is still throwing the same errors.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (384 Views)