Sims 3 wont launch

by abiladd

Original Post

Sims 3 wont launch

★ Novice

Hi all,

I hope I can get some help here - the EA "contact us" wont let me contact them because their are "no channels available" whatever that means.

But I am a long time sims 3 user. I had some issues and needed to re-install. So I reinstalled just the base game and it will install, it will open the launcher, I'll hit play but it wont open the diamond will jump and then disappear and not start. I tried patching the base game, but then when I try to play it says"unknown error".

I would bypass the launcher but since I haven't been able to open the game there is no Electronic Arts folder. I have scrubbed all the folders clean of Sims content. I have looked through the Library and there are no Sims items lef on my computer.

I am stumped.

I even tried installing it on my other computer and it is doing the same thing. Could it be the game disk? It has been fine for many installs? Right now I am working on restoring my computer to factory settings to see if that will help, which seems drastic but I would like to fix this problem.

Message 1 of 1 (79 Views)