Sims 3 wont install the sims 3 store bought content.

by greeneyes90

Original Post

Sims 3 wont install the sims 3 store bought content.

★★★★ Novice

I am unable to install my store content. I get an error saying that it failed due to the latest store patch not being installed. I have installed my games a few different times. Unsure what to do. any suggestions?

Message 1 of 2 (213 Views)

Re: Sims 3 wont install the sims 3 store bought content.

@greeneyes90  For Steam, disc, and Origin/mac installs, the program files used to be automatically offered through the launcher.  But that hasn't been the case for over a year.  Please see this thread for an explanation and potential workaround:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16341942/#Comment_16341942

If you have an Origin install, the store patches are supposed to be incorporated into the program files now, and no fix should be necessary.  But there's no reason you can't follow the recommendation in the above link.

If that workaround doesn't help you, try pulling your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents.  Launch the game again, and a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Apply the workaround again, and then try to download your store content into the new folder.  If it works, you can transfer your saves and other content from the old game folder to the new one.

P.S.  While adding store content, it's best to download and install no more than about six items at a time—the launcher doesn't handle large amounts of data very well.  When one batch is successfully installed, you can move on to the next one.  Worlds are large files and should be handled separately, not in a batch with anything else.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (201 Views)