Sims 3 won't run with update on Windows 10

by MorgyRoo

Original Post

Sims 3 won't run with update on Windows 10

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

We've recently made the change from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
I backed up my games and cc before hand, but now I'm having some issues with updates.

The Sims 3, but none of the expansions, will install and work fine - as long as I don't update from the original version. I've tried recent and older patches with no luck.

I'm wanting to install Pets, Late Night, Supernatural, and Ambitions.

[EDIT]: I added screenshots. First, of the error I'm getting after updating. Second, of the script error before updating.

[EDIT 2 3]: Ambitions installed and the prompt 'Play' works, but nothing involving Ambitions can be found in game. Everything is just base game still. After using Super Patch 1.67, Ambitions and Late Night work correctly. 

All games were downloaded and installed through Origin.

Current Version 1.0.631.00107 1.67.2.024017

Message 1 of 3 (930 Views)

Re: Sims 3 won't run with update on Windows 10

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm not sure what exactly I did differently from earlier this week, but everything seems to work just fine now.

I downloaded the Super Patch for 1.67 from: Current Patch 1.67   After installing the base game and Ambitions. I installed the other expansions after the super patch.

Message 2 of 3 (908 Views)

Re: Sims 3 won't run with update on Windows 10

Hero

And the script Error is gone too ?

@MorgyRoo

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (903 Views)