Sims 3 won't open after launcher

by CoffeAddict

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 won't open after launcher

★★ Novice

I've been having this exact same problem; I've been playing the sims three for years with only very minor issues, and yet recently (a little bit after i got the mac OS update to version 10.12.5 ) it's started to malfunction. It will open up the launcher, but after the button is pressed it just goes to the loading screen and just stays there? The game never launches. I've tried everything short of completely uninstalling and reinstalling; I've done the factory reset like it suggests, with no effect, i've uninstalled/reinstalled my most recent expansion pack, to no effect, I installed a stuff pack i had lying around, which actually attempted to launch but it just left me with a black screen; i've tried uninstalling that, back to the same problem. Please help!! I really love this game.

Message 31 of 38 (3,489 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sameee

Message 32 of 38 (3,393 Views)

★ Novice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDdtZIuu89I

This video fixes EVERYTHING! Takes a while to reinstall everything and open each time, but fixes the error completely :D

Unsure how to get game saves back, sorry.

Message 33 of 38 (2,977 Views)

★★ Novice

mine is also doing that and i have the sims 3 on origin and when i go to play it it just sits there and does nothin can someone please tell me when im doing wrong?

Message 34 of 38 (2,734 Views)

@Technolove420  Have you tried the solution described on the first page of this thread?  Pulling your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and launching the game again, thereby forcing a clean folder to spawn, often solves this kind of problem.  Once you confirm that you can load and play a new save, you can start moving your existing saves and other content into the new folder from the old one.

If this doesn't help, try clearing Origin's cache.  You can go even further and completely uninstall and reinstall Origin itself, which wouldn't affect your installed games.  Be sure to select "the hard way."

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 35 of 38 (2,727 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

same this is so annoying my auntie paid sims 3 for me for my birthday

Message 36 of 38 (1,334 Views)

@the_sun_alpha  What exactly happens when you try to play?  Please give a bit more information about the issue, and I'll try to help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 37 of 38 (1,320 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem with my Sims 3, where the screen would open two black windows and then go back to the desktop without running the game.

The way I fixed this problem was to download Driver Booster from IObit, then scan and update all the drivers needing an update. This is a relatively quick and easy way to fix this problem and no need to delete any folders etc. Whenever having weird issues with your computer, I'd always look for driver and/or BIOS-updates for my computer =)

Message 38 of 38 (1,160 Views)