Sims 3 won't open after launcher

by CoffeAddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 won't open after launcher

★★★ Newbie

I have tried everything, going to the TS3 file and opening from that, running files as administrator, trying to open from origin.  Nothing seems to work and I can't go through and uninstall my games because to reinstall them would use all my data usage for the month.

I have a Toshiba Satellite P755 with 6 GB RAM and a 64-bit operating system, and it runs on Windows 7.  I have been playing my games perfectly fine since I got them.  The last time I got on my game crashed, which has happened before when I get too fast forward happy with my Sims, but when I got on the next time I couldn't get into the game.  Nothing was updated or patched in between when the game crashed and me trying to get on again, I had already updated to the most recent patch a couple days before this happened.

Please help, I'm not the most computer savvy person and I just want to play my game.

Message 1 of 38 (93,540 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 won't open after launcher

Hero

Try resttetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 38 (108,721 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try resttetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 38 (108,722 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did this and it did not work. Still will not launch. Mine is straight from Origin if that helps. I also did everything under the 'error still occurs' and it is still not opening.

Message 3 of 38 (93,459 Views)

Hero

What's your operating system ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 38 (93,450 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You won't believe this, and I feel stupid for even adding this, but before I could try anything else to solve the problem I showed my dad what was going on and it opened right up no problem and has been running fine since.
Message 5 of 38 (93,440 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

What did he do because I'm having the exact same problem

Message 6 of 38 (93,203 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having issues with mine opening as well. 

I am currently using a Mac, OS X 10.9.5 and had recently gotten a new hard drive for it as the orignally hard drive had crashed. When I went to reinstall the game on the new drive, it would open the launcher & then crash. I uninstalled & reinstalled twice, both times ii get the "Unkown Error" message pop up, the launcher won't even open.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 7 of 38 (93,196 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Honestly, he didn't do anything.  I clicked on the start button and it started.  Made me really mad too.

Message 8 of 38 (93,182 Views)

★ Guide

Hey I just Installed this game and all my packs and store stuff along with some exchange stuff and now my game won't even play after clicking play on the launcher now! I have a OS-X Yosemite 2015 version and have almost had it with this ordeal! I have the most recent patch I did what was instructed by many forums to use window mode when changing the graphic settings. I also did this even when changing sim settings and season settings. I feel cheated and appalled that I even invested in this! I have been a loyal EA customer since I was thirteen and now I feel completely disappointed! When I do click play on the launcher apple states that the launcher quit unexpectedly even though thats what it does. I have had to uninstall everything including the origin 5 times this month. Any help would be obliged. 

Thanks for the memories,

d2majzoub

Message 9 of 38 (90,070 Views)

★ Novice

same here and to think i deleted 15gb on my macbook pro to get this game. i cant help anywhere. Super Sad.

Message 10 of 38 (88,023 Views)