Sims 3 won't open: Alder Lake (Intel 12th-gen) CPU

by Fuchie

Original Post

Re: sims 3 not launching windows 11

@Jeeppys  I've merged your post with the master thread for your specific issue, which is that Sims 3 doesn't start correctly on 12th-gen Intel processors.  The workaround is to limit the game to one CPU core as it starts to load.  Please see the accepted solution on page one of this thread for more information.

Keep in mind that you'll need to apply the workaround of your choice to TS3.exe, without the W, since you're playing through Origin or the EA App.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 571 of 1,380 (577 Views)

Re: EA App Won't Launch Sims 3

@Nerdasaurus101  Although your computer doesn't have a 12th-gen Intel Core processor, your dxdiag shows the same errors associated with that family of CPUs, so I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Specifically, Sims 3 doesn't start correctly on these processors, and the workaround is to limit the game to one CPU core as it's loading.  Please see the accepted solution on page one of this thread for more information.

Message 572 of 1,380 (560 Views)

★★★ Newbie

"Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Let me know if this actually works, the issue is complicated to get around due to how early in the game's execution it happens."

This whole thing only works if you were able to run the game before, if you don't run the game the folder is not created within your computer. So how do I do this without the folder?

Message 573 of 1,380 (541 Views)

@sungirl128  The folder locations you quoted are all for the game's program files, not for the user folder.  The program files are installed by the game launcher you're using (or via disc), and they are therefore present as soon as the game is installed.  The Sims 3 user folder is the one in Documents > Electronic Arts, and sure, this doesn't get created until you've launched the game once, but it's also not relevant for the purposes of this workaround.

If you installed Sims 3 through the EA App, and you did not change the default install location, TS3.exe will be here:

Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Message 574 of 1,380 (526 Views)

★ Novice

pls help i just bought the game and it wont open, ive been trying all your suggestion on other threads but they havent worked 

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: TS3.exe
Application Version: 0.2.0.32
Application Timestamp: 568d4bac
Fault Module Name: TS3.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.2.0.32
Fault Module Timestamp: 568d4bac
Exception Code: c0000094
Exception Offset: 005511f2
OS Version: 10.0.22000.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 5c0c
Additional Information 2: 5c0c23d75afb1c4e336215c5d9c2d9b0

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: de06a40f97a119edbeae1d57e90e5626 (2210736730494883366)

Additional Information 3: 4d65
Additional Information 4: 4d65d4f365c8b87f243173bc7beb002b

Message 575 of 1,380 (475 Views)

Re: sims 3 not launching windows 11

★★ Novice

THANK YOU so much it works fine

Message 576 of 1,380 (463 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue, except I just bought a new computer with Windows 11 

Message 577 of 1,380 (465 Views)

@nishalovescake and @SotoMouse  I've moved your posts to the master thread for your specific issue, which is that Sims 3 doesn't start correctly on 12th-gen Intel processors.  The workaround is to limit the game to one CPU core as it's loading.  Please see the accepted solution on page one of this thread for more information.

Since you're both playing through the EA App, you'll need to apply the workaround of your choice to TS3.exe, without the W.  The default location is this:

Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Message 578 of 1,380 (456 Views)

Can't run Sims 3 on Windows 11 or install sims3packs from launcher

★★★★★ Novice

I recently bought a brand new computer.  I got the Sims 3 installed and got it to run fine for about a week, but now it refuses to run no matter what I do.  I also can't get the launcher to install sims3packs from the store or CC.  The little install box doesn't even appear.  Does anyone have any ideas?

I've included my dxdiag as an attachment.

If any more information is needed I can provide it.

Message 579 of 1,380 (364 Views)

Re: Can't run Sims 3 on Windows 11 or install sims3packs from launcher

[ Edited ]

@ajbeals  Did you happen to repair the game before it stopped working, or did a repair perhaps run automatically?  I ask because your dxdiag clearly shows the error associated with 12th-gen Intel processors, the one that requires the game to be limited to one CPU core as it starts to load.  This also applies to the launcher's installer, not the launcher itself but the window that opens when you click Install.  And this would absolutely have been necessary from the beginning on your computer; this particular issue is quite consistent.

Point is, please apply one of the known workarounds for that issue, which you can find in the accepted solution in this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/m-p/11...

Message 580 of 1,380 (348 Views)