Sims 3 won't open: Alder Lake (Intel 12th-gen) CPU

by Fuchie

Original Post

Re: sims 3 not launching

★★★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddict I don't know who you are, and I don't know what you do for a living, but you are a genuine saint!  My gf is absolutely beside herself.  Wishing you well for literally the rest of my life!!!!!

Message 461 of 1,351 (458 Views)

Sims 3 launcher leads back to origin launcher

★★★ Newbie

Hi I've never used this platform to ask a question before but I cannot get the Sims to open. I can open it from origin to get to the sims 3 launcher, but whenever I click play in the sims 3 launcher it leads me back to the origin launcher. I am at a loss. I am not very tech savvy and I need help.

Message 462 of 1,351 (401 Views)

Re: Sims 3 launcher leads back to origin launcher

@Bisby1988  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue, which is specifically that Sims 3 doesn't start correctly on 12th-gen Intel processors.  The workaround is to limit the game to one CPU core as it's loading.  For ways to accomplish this, please see the accepted solution on page one of this thread.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 463 of 1,351 (387 Views)

Re: Sims 3 crashing after launcher

★ Novice
@Miaa245 when i try to run the .ps1 file i made w/ powershell it's popping up with [process exited with code 1 (0x00000001)
Message 464 of 1,351 (378 Views)

Re: Sims 3 won't open: Alder Lake (Intel 12th-gen) CPU

★ Novice

After dayss of trying to figure out way my new laptop wouldn't download and open The Sims 3-plus 2 hours with GeekSquad for them to just tell me that it was Windows 11. This worked!!!!

Message 465 of 1,351 (657 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Not Launching with Origin

★★★ Newbie

Hi @puzzlezaddict 

I'm also having the same problem and have downloaded DirectX 9 to no avail.

I've attached my dxdiag to this post if someone is able to have a look???

Message 466 of 1,351 (498 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Not Launching with Origin

@Shann898  You have the same Alder Lake issue as everyone else in this thread, but the fix is not to install DirectX 9, it's to limit the game to one CPU core as it starts to load.  Please see the accepted solution on page one for various ways to accomplish this.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 467 of 1,351 (467 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey!!!

I used ur script and it worked and I'm so stoked, but now it doesn't work anymore! It worked once then never again. I've tried re running it, deleting it and rerunning it, restarting my computer and nothings working. Any suggestios???

Message 468 of 1,351 (449 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Miaa245Hi could you or anyone explain how to "copy to a text file and save it as .ps1 file"? I don't know that much about computers...

Message 469 of 1,351 (439 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem as the others. I don´t know about my processor though. I also have a new computer and the game won´t launch. Here is my Dxdiag. I hope someone can help Standard smile

Message 470 of 1,351 (434 Views)