Re: Sims 3 won't launch on ea app in Windows 11

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: When I try to launch sims 3 it just opens the ea app

@ViftaEime  Right, you need to apply one of the workarounds in the thread I linked.  What you're seeing—the launcher opens, but pressing Play causes an insta-crash and a return to Origin or the EA App—is the normal result of having an affected processor and NOT applying a workaround.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 561 of 1,349 (294 Views)

Re: Sims 3 crashing after launcher

★★★★ Novice
@Miaa245 Oh wow! Thank you so much. I've been struggling with this the last couple of hours. I have a 13th Gen Intel Core i5 13600KF
Message 562 of 1,349 (631 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It worked just before, but now it (Powershell) gives me this error:

Exception setting "ProcessorAffinity": "Access is denied"
At line:9 char:1
+ $TS3.ProcessorAffinity=1
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [], SetValueInvocationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ExceptionWhenSetting
Message 563 of 1,349 (624 Views)

@ZpaceMag  Try restarting your computer.  If that doesn't work, is it possible your antivirus is interfering?  This would only be applicable if you're running a third-party program.

You can also try one of the other methods described in the accepted solution on page one of this thread.

Message 564 of 1,349 (614 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Could you look into my dxdiag file pls
My Sim 3 won't launch and i have try install manual Dx9

Message 565 of 1,349 (574 Views)
Highlighted

@MakotoAki  You actually have the Alder Lake issue, where Sims 3 doesn't start correctly on most 12th- and now 13th-gen Intel processors.  So I've moved your post to the relevant thread.

The workaround is to limit the game to one CPU core as it's loading.  Please see the accepted solution on page one of this thread for more information.

By the way, in your position, I'd consider reinstalling Windows on your Samsung 980 Pro.  It's much faster than the 860 Evo where Windows is currently installed.  This wouldn't mean wiping all your data either: you could partition the 980 and install Windows there, keep the rest of the 980 intact, and move your data accordingly.  It's a bit more complicated than that, but there are plenty of guides out there to help.  And you'll likely find your system to be faster and more responsive once Windows is on the fastest drive.

Message 566 of 1,349 (569 Views)

Re: sims 3 game launcher wont open - windows 10 origin

★ Novice

Hey, thanks so much for reaching back out to me! But I ran the code and the sims still didn't work. Is there anything else I could try? Or could we maybe video chat and you could walk me through on how yo fix it?

Message 567 of 1,349 (549 Views)

Re: sims 3 game launcher wont open - windows 10 origin

@Alex_M_Schuster  Did you try the other suggestions in the accepted solution?  The Task Manager method is the most inconvenient but also the most reliable.  Make sure you're applying the workaround for TS3.exe, without the W, since you have an Origin install.

Message 568 of 1,349 (510 Views)

Re: sims 3 not launching windows 11

★★ Novice

i have the same problem on my brand new pc I've tried everything and so far nothing works please help also included my dxdiag ps that would make my daughter so happy lolllll

Message 569 of 1,349 (423 Views)

Re: EA App Won't Launch Sims 3

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I hope this works...Devil I feel like I'm way in over my head with all of this but at the end of the day I really want to be able to play Sims 3 on my laptop. I'm experiencing the same issues of the EA app booting me back everytime I start the game. I've unchecked the things I needed to in the settings- I've been trying my best. I'm fairly certain I have an 11th gen intel processor. I know I have some Sims 4 mods and cc- maybe that could be what is interfering? I also have used things like Registry Edits and CCleaner in hopes that it'll help- it should've deleted any extra files that might be causing the trouble to open the game. Some help and guidance would be extremely appreciated, thanks! Heart

Message 570 of 1,349 (532 Views)