Re: sims 3 game launcher wont open - windows 10 origin

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Sim 3 wont start, launcher comes up but the game doesnt

Hero (Retired)

@catsunami36 I believe you may have the Intel Alder Lake game issue. I thought I read somewhere that this issue was corrected (and there is a tooth fairy). As I am an AMD user I don't know how but I think there is a patch to make it work. There may be game patches - OS updates. The trouble seems to be DRM (again) affecting legitimate users (again).  You'll have to search for a solution.

Message 551 of 1,378 (587 Views)

Re: Sim 3 wont start, launcher comes up but the game doesnt

@catsunami36  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue, which is that Sims 3 doesn't start correctly on 12th-gen Intel processors.  The workaround is to limit the game to one CPU core as it starts to load.  Please see the accepted solution on page one of this thread for various ways to accomplish this.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 552 of 1,378 (573 Views)

Sims 3 crashes to EA App after launching on windows 11

★★★ Novice

i've tried almost everything i can find and nothings worked

installed directx 9

resinstalled microsoft services 2005

i've let the game reset the documents folder but they seems to not be generating correctly as i opened them and their empty

Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700H 2.30 GHz

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Ti laptop GPU

also have 16 gigs of ram total

Message 553 of 1,378 (526 Views)

Re: Sims 3 crashes to EA App after launching on windows 11

@blazequakes  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue, which is that Sims 3 doesn't start correctly on 12th-gen Intel processors.  The workaround is to limit the game to one CPU core as it's loading.  Please see the accepted solution on page one of this thread for more information.

Message 554 of 1,378 (506 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, I've been trying basically everything in this thread to get my game to work but sadly nothing has worked.

Message 555 of 1,378 (481 Views)

When I try to launch sims 3 it just opens the ea app

★★★ Newbie

Hi. So every time I try to lauch The Sims 3 it just takes me to the EA app. I downloaded DirectX 9 but still nothing. I have tryed to repair the game multiple times but still nothing. I'm using Windows 11. I also tried with Origin but same exact problem, Hope someone in the community can help since it seems that EA can't.

Message 556 of 1,378 (391 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I'm pretty sure I have windows 10 origin as well. I made the DX folder and downloaded what I needed to but nothing has worked. Every time I open the sims 3 and press the play button, it just reopens Origin. Here is my dxdiag file:

Message 557 of 1,378 (722 Views)

Re: When I try to launch sims 3 it just opens the ea app

@ViftaEime  Does your computer have a 12th- or 13th-gen Intel processor?  If so, that's the issue: Sims 3 doesn't start correctly on these CPUs.  The workaround is to limit the game to one core as it starts to load.  Please see the accepted solution in this thread for more information:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/m-p/11...

If that's not your issue, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 558 of 1,378 (369 Views)

@solsoul and @Alex_M_Schuster  I've merged your posts with the master thread for your specific issue, which is that Sims 3 doesn't start correctly on 12th-gen Intel processors.  The workaround is to limit the game to one CPU core as it's loading.  Please see the accepted solution on page one of this thread for more information.

Message 559 of 1,378 (707 Views)

Re: When I try to launch sims 3 it just opens the ea app

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I do..big problem with doing that is that the game won't launch at all. The launcher opens but just redirects me to the EA app.....

Message 560 of 1,378 (357 Views)