Re: TS3 Wont go past launcher

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

@LucidBlu  Are you still getting the same error as before?  In your dxdiag, it looks like this:

Fault bucket 2210736730494883366, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: TS3.exe
P2: 0.2.0.32
P3: 568d4bac
P4: TS3.exe
P5: 0.2.0.32
P6: 568d4bac
P7: c0000094
P8: 005511f2
P9: 
P10: 

You can check in the Reliability Monitor instead (hit Windows key-R and enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes); the info will be formatted a bit differently, but the key is error code c0000094 , which is indicative of this issue.

(Please keep in mind that the Reliability Monitor only updates every hour or so, meaning it should show the latest errors the first time you open it but not if you open it again five minutes later.  You can check the Event Viewer—Windows key-R, "eventvwr"—instead if you prefer; I believe the logs will be under Application, but check System as well.)

If you're seeing a different error, please copy the info and paste it here.  If you're seeing the same error, please repair the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  This will undo the effects of the patch as well as any other changes you've made to the game's program files, so if there's something you want to preserve, for example edited .sgr files, save that first.

Next, open the Task Manager and set the affinity of TS3.exe to one CPU core.  This isn't a good solution because it will apply as long as you have the game running, but it's a useful test.  If this helps, it's worth looking into Process Lasso, which can accomplish the same thing with the added benefit of your being able to reverse its effects once you're past the initial loading.  If the Task Manager approach doesn't work, we'll need to look elsewhere.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 321 of 1,378 (743 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Yes I am still getting the same error as before, that c0000094. I repaired the game and used process lasso to default TS3.exe to one CPU core, but still crashing Frown . I really appreciate you taking the time to help me on this.

Message 322 of 1,378 (719 Views)

@LucidBlu  With Process Lasso limiting the game to one core, are you still getting the c0000094 error?  How about if you use the Task Manager to limit the game instead?  I ask because this error should absolutely not happen when you've imposed such an unnegotiable limit.  (The PowerShell script and the change made by Lazy Duchess's patch both time out automatically, but these don't.)

If you do see that error, try using the Task Manager to limit the game to a different CPU core, e.g. disable all but core 8 instead of all but core 0.  While this shouldn't matter in theory, the difference between performance and efficiency cores might have some effect in practice.

Message 323 of 1,378 (695 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I cannot believe it, but I got it to run now. Instead of running through Origin I went back to Steam and redownloaded it from there. The biggest mistake I made was with the Powershell code, I didn't realize the extension HAD to be .ps1 as I had just been copy and pasting it into powershell. 

Runs perfectly now. I cannot thank you enough for all of your help, you are literally a hero!!

Message 324 of 1,378 (668 Views)

@LucidBlu  That's great to hear, and thanks for clarifying what finally made the script work for you.

Message 325 of 1,378 (656 Views)

Sims 3 Won't Open

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi! So Sims 3 isn't working Frown It will show the startup thing (like with the big play button) then it will just not do anything. I downloaded it for the first time on this computer, which is an ASUS TUF gaming computer F17. I use windows 11 and did the whole trick of downloading directX (DX). I will provide the dialogue, but I hope someone can help me because I'm quite disappointed Confused 

Message 326 of 1,378 (638 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Won't Open

@Marie_Spectrum  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue, which is that Sims 3 doesn't start correctly on 12th-gen Intel processors like yours.  The workaround is to limit the game to one CPU core while it's loading.  You can try the patch made by Lazy Duchess:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/m-p/11...

Or you can try the other suggestions starting on page five of this thread.

Message 327 of 1,378 (608 Views)

Sims 3 wont start

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi. I'm having issues with my new computer not being able to run The Sims 3 base game.

I've downloaded it through Origin, but once I open the launcher and click play, it doesn't start up, Origin pops back up. I have tried reinstalling the game several times, I've tried reinstalling Origin, I've made sure my computer has DirectX installed, and it does. I have DirectX 12 installed. I've contacted EA support, all they did was send me a link: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/#origin-windows. I followed those instructions, but to no help. The same issue still remain unsolved. 

My pc has these specs: Intel 12th gen i7-12700f Alder Lake prosessor, Zotac GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge OC LHR.

This is so confusing to me, cause my old computer was a cheap i3 laptop and it could run sims 3 effortless. Is it hopeless to get my new computer to run Sims 3?

Edit: The computer runs Sims 4 without issues, by the way. Also downloaded from Origin.

Message 328 of 1,378 (478 Views)

Re: Sims 3 wont start

@Darkyena001  I've merged your post with the master thread for your particular issue, which is that Sims 3 doesn't start correctly on 12th-gen Intel (Alder Lake) processors.  The workaround is to limit the game to one CPU core as it launches.  You can accomplish this with the patch Lazy Duchess made:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/m-p/11...

Or if you prefer, there are a couple other suggestions discussed in this thread, starting on page 5.

Message 329 of 1,378 (448 Views)

Re: Sims 3 wont start

★ Novice

Hi, thank you for trying to help me, but I'm struggling to do the steps as english is my second language and I'm not very good with pc either. I'd appreciate it if someone made a step by step video or simplified the steps for me so I'd understand it better. I've downloaded the file from the thread that is named "AlderLakePatch.zip", but not very sure what to do next.

Thanks.

Message 330 of 1,378 (420 Views)